Contribute
Register

Ga-x58a-ud3r

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've attached a copy of my Multibeast settings.

However, Multibeast now creates an org.chameleon.boot.plist optimized for new boards that have intel HD.

Make sure you set IGPEnabler=No and GraphicsEnabler=Yes.

If you have an existing Mavericks or even Snow Mountain running build you can even copy your DSDT.aml and org.chameleon.boot.plist to the /Extra folder of your unibeast installer. My install was a breeze!

Here's my org.chameleon.boot.plist :

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
        <string>Yes</string>
	<key>IGPEnabler</key>
	<string>No</string>
	<key>Kernel Flags</key>
	<string>kext-dev-mode=1</string>
	<key>Legacy Logo</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>Timeout</key>
	<string>2</string>
        <key>GenerateCStates</key>
        <string>Yes</string>
        <key>GeneratePStates</key>
        <string>Yes</string>
        <key>UseKernelCache</key>
        <string>Yes</string>
        <key>HDAEnabler</key>
        <string>Yes</string>
        <key>HDEFLayoutID</key>
        <string>01000000</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Hope it helps.

Do you know what that IGPEnabler=No does? I didn't check it and it gave me problems booting. Thanks for that! Now gotta solve these random freezes and graphics crashes!

Ya know, I really believe that IGPEnabler = No , fixed my graphics crash that I get while in FCP X. Amazing! How one string can really mess up your Hackintosh! Sheesh! Not only did fix the graphics card crash but it boots without any flags and does so pretty dang quick!

Ok Apple, STOP changing the O/S!!!! Enough is enough!

update:

spoke too soon, I'm still getting graphics issues....ugh!

Without the rollback i was not able to boot into yosemite, upon boot apple logo would come up and progress bar would freeze. I have now attached a external that is my Time Machine (ie constant running disk backup) i can wake from sleep anytime now using mac wireless keyboard.

If i get some time ill update my bios but not in a rush since mavericks was stable and so is yosemite now.

Still need to test handoff though.

Ya know, I really believe that IGPEnabler = No , fixed my graphics crash that I get while in FCP X. Amazing! How one string can really mess up your Hackintosh! Sheesh! Not only did fix the graphics card crash but it boots without any flags and does so pretty dang quick!

Ok Apple, STOP changing the O/S!!!! Enough is enough!

update:

spoke too soon, I'm still getting graphics issues....ugh!

I've currently got GraphicsEnabler = No and IGPEnabler = Yes.

I've tried the other combinations, and it doesn't seem to make a difference. For the record, I've got a single-slot XFX 5770 hooked up via miniDisplayPort to an Apple Cinema Display 27 inch. I've also used a DVI-to-HDMI cable to run a 768p TV as a second monitor (expanded desktop, not mirrored), and it works fine with my current setup.

For X58 I don't think IGPEnabler does anything since we don't have an IGP! Perhaps it creates a reference to a non-existent IGP that would help in rare circumstances: for instance, OS X Hackintosh systems not being able to boot from AMD 7970, so they had to be set to boot from IGP as primary (meaning black screen during POST, bios, and boot) and then once in the OS would show the desktop with the monitor connected to the 7970.

Sidenote: FCPX is working fine over here under Yosemite. I bet it's a GPU-specific issue on your side.

Since this has become a bit of a board-specific, more general Yosemite thread (which is fine by me... it's actually a great resource), I thought I'd post the following for fun.

X5650 @ 4.25 Ghz (193 x 22), Geekbench 3, 64-bit. Our 5-year old system is faster than many OC Haswell 4-core (like 4790K), and competes pretty favorably with recent generation 6-core chips!

Attachments

• GBx5650_4.24ghz.png
    GBx5650_4.24ghz.png
    92 KB · Views: 174
That's awesome man. I just got my X5650 yesterday. You can get it from Ebay for like $60.

Can you share your OC settings? I have a date with this baby tonight.

Since this has become a bit of a board-specific, more general Yosemite thread (which is fine by me... it's actually a great resource), I thought I'd post the following for fun.

X5650 @ 4.25 Ghz (193 x 22), Geekbench 3, 64-bit. Our 5-year old system is faster than many OC Haswell 4-core (like 4790K), and competes pretty favorably with recent generation 6-core chips!

I posted my settings for 4.2 Ghz x22 multi one page back. There's no real point posting slightly changed voltages for the 4.25 Ghz run... once you're at 4.0 there's going to be variation from system to system. You just have to work out what works for you.

My system was taking forever to boot until I installed AppleACPIPlatform rollback, but that might have been for other reasons...

@ Hackintoshron, any way you can attach the Mavericks original file? I'll give it a shot again.

Sorry to respond so late. I've been studying for a test and didn't have time to check any messages here. I actually did need that kext in Mavericks, but I don't need the modified one in Yosemite is what I was saying. If you are still on Mavericks, you should probably keep it, but I've included the original anyway. You may also want to keep a copy of Pacifist around so you can restore original files form the Mac OS installs and dmgs when necessary or for testing.

Attachments

• AppleACPIPlatform.kext.zip
    220 KB · Views: 103
Two quick questions for those on this board:

1. Has anyone found a way to get the USB 3 ports to run at USB 3 speeds-- or even USB 2 speeds? (Not including the ports showing up in System Profiler-- mine do that-- but by actually transferring something like 10 GB at the rated speed.)

2. Is anyone using the non-Intel SATA ports with success? I've got all 6 Intel SATA ports populated (2x SSD, 1TB, 2x1 TB in striped RAID, 1x 3TB media).

Two quick questions for those on this board:

1. Has anyone found a way to get the USB 3 ports to run at USB 3 speeds-- or even USB 2 speeds? (Not including the ports showing up in System Profiler-- mine do that-- but by actually transferring something like 10 GB at the rated speed.)

2. Is anyone using the non-Intel SATA ports with success? I've got all 6 Intel SATA ports populated (2x SSD, 1TB, 2x1 TB in striped RAID, 1x 3TB media).

1. Use the Universal USB3 kext from MultiBeast.
2. Use the 3rd party SATA kext from MultiBeast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back