Contribute
Register

GA-X58A-UD3R Up and Running

Status
Not open for further replies.
I created an installer using UniBeast ML and installed right over the top of my Lion install. I still need to fix the sound, but everything else seems to be working just fine.

Run Multibeast 4.6.1 -->Drivers & Bootloaders --> Kexts & Enablers --> Audio --> Patched AppleHDA --> ALC 889.

Don't forget to click System Utilities

Done.

:)

So far I'm having trouble with my rig just getting into Mountain Lion install. Interestingly, my normal boot wouldn't Thought it might be a video card issue, but then had it complain about wireless, and then Bluetooth. Something funny about the USB Stick/Extensions. Anyway, I buggered everything up on main drive trying to fix it --whoops! So now I'm waiting for my Clone to restore, while Mountain Lion downloads again on my laptop! Then I'll make another Unibeast stick... and cross my stinkin fingers :) Hoped for something more straightforward, but early adopters curse, I guess...

So I created a ML Unibeast and just finished installing it onto my system! Everything seems to be working fine. I am currently running the latest MB to install audio kexts. Once I reboot I can see if the changes went through. Only thing I noticed is that in the notification center I dont have the "Post to Facebook" button. Any idea why? Other than that my hackintosh is still running strong! :)

UPDATE: Sounds works Flawlessly!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-07-25 at 4.44.32 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-07-25 at 4.44.32 PM.png
    33.7 KB · Views: 216
Update

after patched AppleRTC.Kext, sleep works fine and no more cmos reset

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x75\x30\x89\xd8|\xeb\x30\x89\xd8|' /Extra/Extensions/AppleRTC.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleRTC

Make sure to copy original MLion AppleRTC.Kext in S/L/E to Extra/Extensions folder before run the script. After that, copy the kext to desktop and run kextbeast. Fo some reason couldn't apply the scipt directly on AppleRTC.kext on S/L/E.

Note: to install MLion needed to use an old radeon 4870, after isntal just replaced to my 6870.
Couldn't start MLion with Radeonmonitor.kext, had to deleted form S/L/E

So far I'm having trouble with my rig just getting into Mountain Lion install. Interestingly, my normal boot wouldn't Thought it might be a video card issue, but then had it complain about wireless, and then Bluetooth. Something funny about the USB Stick/Extensions. Anyway, I buggered everything up on main drive trying to fix it --whoops! So now I'm waiting for my Clone to restore, while Mountain Lion downloads again on my laptop! Then I'll make another Unibeast stick... and cross my stinkin fingers :) Hoped for something more straightforward, but early adopters curse, I guess...

In fact, I tried creating a USB stick first and had problems as well. Instead, I created a 10GB partition at the end of my drive, labeled it "USB" and installed UniBeast there. Because Chameleon wasn't erased, I was able to find the partition in my bootloader. Ran like a charm.

So I created a ML Unibeast and just finished installing it onto my system! Everything seems to be working fine. I am currently running the latest MB to install audio kexts. Once I reboot I can see if the changes went through. Only thing I noticed is that in the notification center I dont have the "Post to Facebook" button. Any idea why? Other than that my hackintosh is still running strong! :)
UPDATE: Sounds works Flawlessly!
Hi!
Can You tell me which DSDT are You using? I also have FH BIOS and would want to prepare everything before trying the install...

THX!

Update

after patched AppleRTC.Kext, sleep works fine and no more cmos reset

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x75\x30\x89\xd8|\xeb\x30\x89\xd8|' /Extra/Extensions/AppleRTC.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleRTC

Make sure to copy original MLion AppleRTC.Kext in S/L/E to Extra/Extensions folder before run the script. After that, copy the kext to desktop and run kextbeast. Fo some reason couldn't apply the scipt directly on AppleRTC.kext on S/L/E.

Note: to install MLion needed to use an old radeon 4870, after isntal just replaced to my 6870.
Couldn't start MLion with Radeonmonitor.kext, had to deleted form S/L/E

do u have deepdeep sleep ? i will upgrade to ML OSX soon , so is there any issues with ML ? is it safe to upgrade ?

My ethernet is not being detected at all. I've tried all the networking options in multibeast. What are you guys doing for this?

I've got FE version of mobo firmware (2.0)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back