GA-X58A-UD3R Rev 2.0 (i7-970) Sleep Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi there - I haven't posted or been trolling in ages because everything just works! This is a question for folks rocking a similar build to my own which is the grandfather: GA-X58A-UD3R Rev 2.0 (FH) | i7-970.

Anyone able to get it to "sleep" and "wakeup"? I can put it to sleep, but my old horse never wakes up. Have to manually power down then restart. I looked around at some newer power management threads but my old beast isn't even listed.

It "sleep" and "wakeup" even attainable with my machine? It's been this way since forever; I never thought much of it. But recently we moved and my electric bill is bother me and I checked and it's pulling like 200+ watts at idle ... which ends up being like $20+/month. Anyway: I would like it to sleep and to wake up again.

Thanks everyone!

Damon

Hi there - I haven't posted or been trolling in ages because everything just works! This is a question for folks rocking a similar build to my own which is the grandfather: GA-X58A-UD3R Rev 2.0 (FH) | i7-970.

Anyone able to get it to "sleep" and "wakeup"? I can put it to sleep, but my old horse never wakes up. Have to manually power down then restart. I looked around at some newer power management threads but my old beast isn't even listed.

It "sleep" and "wakeup" even attainable with my machine? It's been this way since forever; I never thought much of it. But recently we moved and my electric bill is bother me and I checked and it's pulling like 200+ watts at idle ... which ends up being like $20+/month. Anyway: I would like it to sleep and to wake up again.

Thanks everyone!

Damon

Sleep works just fine on my sig build - big brother to your board. It is waking up that is the problem - the gfx will not re-initialize sometimes from deep sleep. As long as I wake it within an hour or two after sleep, it works fine - it is just that overnight deep sleep that is the problem.
I just shut down if not going to use it again for more than 2 hours. If worried about power bill, suggest you do same

Sleep works just fine on my sig build - big brother to your board. It is waking up that is the problem - the gfx will not re-initialize sometimes from deep sleep. As long as I wake it within an hour or two after sleep, it works fine - it is just that overnight deep sleep that is the problem.
I just shut down if not going to use it again for more than 2 hours. If worried about power bill, suggest you do same

Thanks for the feedback; mine doesn't come up from sleep even after a short turnaround sadly. I have been shutting it down ... is just the wife complains about it not being on or having to wait for it from time to time. However: if it can't work then maybe I can come up with some conviction to build a new one in the guise of "saving money". It sounds like the newer recommended boards sleep and wake fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back