Contribute
Register

GA-X58A-UD3R - Interesting Audio Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you guys do a fresh install with Multibeast 2.2.2, or at least try 2.2.2?

I installed with multibeast 2.2.2 and I have no audio as well. Before the 10.6.4 update the audio was working. Weird ay?

Very weird. Did you re-install the AppleHDA rollback and re-install the DSDT with 2.2.2?

If all these things don't work, you could try scouring the insanelymac forum threads for this motherboard to get a kext that works. When I first had this problem, I had some limited luck getting front-panel audio working using a kext from there. Again, the success was limited, as I couldn't get the front-panel audio working completely.

My best solution came from taking the plunge into a a full re-install, which I recommend, especially if you can't narrow your problem down to a single point of failure. I know it feels :thumbdown: , but it worked for me.

I got things partially working by installing legacyhda.kext into E/E and Applehda.kext along with HDAenabler.kext into S/L/E. So my the audio jacks in the back of my pc work, but if i plug headphones into the front jack, I got a spinny and things start to act strange until i unplug it. What do you mean by reinstall the dsdt? you mean install it a second time after the initial install? Because I installed the dsdt from the database right after the mac os update.

Yeah, I do mean install it a second time, especially if Multibeast was at something other than 2.2.2 when you last installed your DSDT, especially 2.2.0. Based on the patch notes between 2.2.0 and 2.2.2, I can't figure out if something may have been wrong with the software before, but I do know that it works now.

I take back my last post. I removed the kext i installed, reinstalled the dsdt and this time in addition to choosing the rolled back driver, also selected the 889 kext as well. Now ever thing works fine, aside from the unknown AHCI standard controller listed in my system profiler. That, plus my processor is listed as unknown lol, see the attached images.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-09-20 at 12.47.02 AM.png
    Screen shot 2010-09-20 at 12.47.02 AM.png
    49.3 KB · Views: 103
  • Screen shot 2010-09-20 at 12.47.16 AM.png
    Screen shot 2010-09-20 at 12.47.16 AM.png
    61.7 KB · Views: 106
uenleeb said:
I take back my last post. I removed the kext i installed, reinstalled the dsdt and this time in addition to choosing the rolled back driver, also selected the 889 kext as well. Now ever thing works fine, aside from the unknown AHCI standard controller listed in my system profiler. That, plus my processor is listed as unknown lol, see the attached images.
:thumbup:

Not sure what to do about your unknown hardware issues, but I'm glad the system/audio is functioning better!

Thanks! I'm also getting faulty shutdowns as well. It seems like the computer turns off, but fans are on and leds are still on as well.

uenleeb said:
The Unknown Controller is the Marvell SATA3 controller. Unless you intend to run it in SATA II mode, disable it in the BIOS.

Thanks MacMan! Have you experienced the type of shutdown I mentioned?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back