Contribute
Register

GA-X58A-UD3R endless boot cycle - HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok. I was able to boot into the bios without it freezing. I set the BIOS settings to the correct options, saved them on a new profile, etc. I was able to boot from iboot. The computer behaved normally and I as able to boot several times into OSX without any problem.

I went to school and when I came back... BAM! same boot loop as before. Just like it did the first time. I can set everything up but if I leave the computer off for more than a half an hour I get this frigg'n boot loop. I think it is time to return this sucker.

While it's off, the battery is supposed to hold the BIOS settings. Maybe the problem is the battery -- do the settings change from how you have them set after you come back to the bad boot loop?

Mine did this endlessly due to a RAM stick not being seated properly. I would take them all out, get one in properly, with the tabs locked up fully.

Next check the heatsink.

If at any point I **** something up, I just reset the CMOS and it should take you back to the BIOS on the next start up.

Remember, that if it's not even getting to the BIOS, it's something really basic failing - RAM, CPU, etc.

Are you getting any of the POST beeps?

You are not a alone my friend!!!

OMG!

I have the P55-UD4P 1156 socket mobo and have been having the exact issue for months!

Here is what I have done!

- RMA'd the motherboard
- RMA'd my 850watt PSU from Corsair
- Reseated my 8GB of G-Skill Memory
- Cleared the CMOS
- Tried Bios Firmware F7, and F10
- Reseated my heatsink and processor
- Done the polka dance

Nothing fixes this so far from what I've seen. Its really annoying. The only way around it is NOT to turn off your computer.

Here are my specs:

Gigabyte P55-4UDP 1156 Mobo Bios F10
8GB DDR2000 G-SKILL Memory
Powercolor HD5850 ATI 1GB Graphics Card
Intel i5 750 2.66Ghz Processor
2 x 640GB WD Black Drives
Snow Leopard 10.6.7
Windows 7 Home ED 64bit
Corsair H50 Watercooler
3 External USB 2.0 Hard Drives

ALSO I didn't start having the issue until about a year later. That's when I upgraded my videocard from a nvidia 8500GT and I also upgraded my 450watt PSU to a 850watt PSU from Corsair. In addition to that I also upgrade the firmware.

I'm kinda of tempted to go back to my 8500GT and my 450watt PSU if I can find my old video card.

eelhead said:
eosman said:
You are not a alone my friend!!!
Here is what I have done!

- Done the polka dance
Well there's your problem!!
It should of been the Hokey Pokey! ;)

ROTFL! :D

Well, I had go out of town for a bit. I'll be back tomorrow.

I shut my computer off before I left. However this time, I went into the bios and went back to IDE mode from ACHI, and set my Windows 7 drive as my primary drive. I'll laugh if when I get back and I can boot cold from being off for a couple of days.

No POST beeps (no external speaker) a bunch of the LEDs come on, but I cannot figure out what they mean. All of the red/yellow/green lights next to the RAM come on and right as it comes on and turns off a red LED next to the battery flashes.

eosman-Let me know how that turns out for you.

Has anyone had this problem with a clean windows install?

Noxious_Timmy said:
No POST beeps (no external speaker) a bunch of the LEDs come on, but I cannot figure out what they mean. All of the red/yellow/green lights next to the RAM come on and right as it comes on and turns off a red LED next to the battery flashes.

eosman-Let me know how that turns out for you.

Has anyone had this problem with a clean windows install?
Red LED flashing next to the battery means either it is dead or is installed upside down.
Check the polarity - your manual has a pic of how it should go in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back