Contribute
Register

GA-X58-USB3 will it give me many problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I just went out and bought a Gigabyte X58-USB3. It was all Fry's had left at the time. Does anyone use this board and how close to a vanilla install will it be?
Rich

Attachments

• H77MITX-patched-layout-id-392.aml.zip
    13.9 KB · Views: 46
GA-X58-USB3 has Realtek ALC892 Audio, which might be troublesome. But people have managed to use VoodooHDA kext to get it working. Some complain about clicks and pops in the audio though.

vindoan said:
GA-X58-USB3 has Realtek ALC892 Audio, which might be troublesome. But people have managed to use VoodooHDA kext to get it working. Some complain about clicks and pops in the audio though.

I had similar problems with my realtek audio, tried the voodoohda, had clicks and pops. So what I did was got a sound blaster X-FI external sound card. It plugs in to a usb port. It worked like a champ. Sounded great. I read about so many people having a hard time with the sound. This is such an easy fix with the sound blaster. As soon as I hooked it up, snow leopard recognized it right away. Pluged my speakers in and I was good to go.

I am running that motherboard and had 2 problems:
(1) The network chip is slow under OS/X. I bought an inexpensive Intel GB LAN card and it works great.
(2) ALC892 audio: For now the best solution if you want analog out is to patch your DSDT according to this thread: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=7536 and to use AppleHDA.

Full support for ALC892 audio is supposed to be announced shortly. Testing was completed last week and a public release awaits.

Good Luck!
W

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back