i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi guys, the new Beast tools led to one of the easiest Hackintosh builds I've ever had. OOB the internal Intel 4000 graphics, sound, lan, and USB 2.0 ports worked, as well as shutdown/restart/sleep on a Z77x-UP4 TH motherboard.

However I'd like to use my GA Radeon HD 6850 card, and I can't figure it out. I tried several combinations of GE and AtiConfig (Bulrushes and Duckweed, mainly) and the system always hangs in verbose mode. In safe mode I get to the login screen but I figure it's using some sort of default driver.

Do I need to edit the info.plist in the ATI6000.kext and change a device ID? Can anyone shed any light on this for me? If I boot in safe mode, can I get the device ID from system profiler? Should I expect to be able to boot with GE=No (as I do now with the internal Intel 4000 graphics) or should I expect to need to use GE=Yes, and should I expect to need to set a frame buffer personality with AtiConfig? Anyone else have a GA Radeon HD 6850 card working under Mavericks with a UEFI (e.g. DSDT-free) motherboard, and what steps did you take to get it to work?

Thanks!
Andrew

A quick follow-up to say that after months of sporadic work trying to get my Radeon card to work, it finally works. I made some BIOS tweaks and now my GA HD6850 Radeon card is recognized. System profiler says "Radeon 6xxx series" but I think that's fixable with a kext. What I did was set the initial display from auto/IGFX to PEG and I disabled the internal graphics. I also only connected the DVI output during boot and plugged in the mini display port after boot, but not sure if that's necessary.

The issues I had were (a) corrupted driver kexts, fixed with a 10.9.2 combo updater, and (b) needing to disable internal graphics.

YOU ARE A GOD!

Thank you. I was having the same problem (successful Mavericks install, but could not boot unless in Safe Mode (-x) and was able to correct it by setting "Init Display First" to "PCI" on my UEFI. It now is on "Auto" and still boots up, but I'd recommend playing with this setting on the BIOS/UEFI if anyone else is having this issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back