Contribute
Register

GA-P67A-UD4-B3 F2 + i5 2300 No Love

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gordo

Thanks for the advice, In case anyone else needs to know, on the UD4 speedstep is labeled as EIST, so disable that.

Unfortunatley that has not solved my problem. Digging from console logs to system logs, I believe I have narrowed the problem down to:

Timeout waiting for IOKit to be quiet (this takes 8 minutes)

I have already turned off Serial port, LAN, USB3, and eSATA3, in integrated periphials, as well as any kind of turbo or boosters in M.I.T.

Hopefully some sleep and a fresh start tomorrow will bring the answers to me. I will post when I find the solution.

Thanks

I had this problem... and my keyboard and mouse would be unresponsive. This happen to me all of the sudden. I get a lot of

Tons and tons in console All Messages (8 minutes worth)

4/5/11 12:05:56 AM kernel IOHIDSystem: postEvent LLEventQueue overflow.
4/5/11 12:05:57 AM WindowServer[78] Timeout waiting for IOKit to be quiet

Then I get the IOkit gets quiet and everything works. My fix was reflashing the bios and clearing. I don't know why it works, but it does. I knew it wasn't my install since I have 3 cloned copies which have been working. Since one of them hasn't even been in the computer. It must had been something else. I reflashed the bios and it worked.

Okay guys.

Thanks for all of the advice.

I reflashed F2 bios, but that did not help, so I tried out the beta f3d, that did not help either.

What did help was UNPLUGGING MY FREAKING WIRELESS KEYBOARD!!!

I can't believe I wasted 2 days over a skittish mouse.

At this point I am running at 100% (minus NIC but I am using a PCI-X card), so I'll give a rundown of my settings for anyone else with a similar setup:

BIOS:
It appears you must underclock your CPU on the Gigabyte boards. The I5-2500k seems to work at a CPU RATIO of 32, but the I5-2300 requires a CPU RATIO of 26 or lower.
All other overclock settings are on AUTO for the moment (even speedstep)
HPET must be set to 64 bit (under power management on UD4)
SATA must be set to (AHCI)

Turn down your busratio down 1, for example, if your namal busratio is 29, please set to 28 in bios, and you will got it work in original kernel.. :lol:

Luyi

kylec said:
Yeah I have an i3-2310m, with a ratio of 21, and I get the reboot loop too. I'd be interested to hear if you're able to solve it by lowering the multiplier. Unfortunately for me that's not an option, since I have a crappy laptop bios.

You can also try messing with the busratio boot argument. If nothing works use a legacy kernel. Nawcom has just released one based on 10.7.0.

I'm in the same boat: TESTING OS X 10.6.7 on a HP DV6-6013Cl, aka the Costco special build, specs are:
i3-2310M Sandy Bridge with Intel 3000 graphics, Intel mobile chipset
15.6" screen, 4gd DDR3, 500gbHDD, Broadcom 4313 wifi, Realtek gigabit ethernet

Thought I had a shot at an inexpensive MacBook-like Hack. So far mixed results with iBoot legacy, install 10.6.3, update with 10.6.7 combo (not macbook ver), apply Sandy Bridge helper, use MultiBeast 3.4 with EasyBeast, no DSDT, chameleon for Sandy Bridge, Macbook 8.1 smbios, Voodoo p/s 2 keyboard and trackpad, plus Voodoo audio (latest version). Boots from HDD with flags -v cpus=1. Pretty much everything works, except graphics, stuck at VESA resolution 1024x768, no QE/CI, and wifi not working.

Once done, applied 10.6.7 update for early 2011 MacBook Pro, hoping to pickup Intel graphics support. Install goes OK, but boot stalls, and am unable to get machine to start. Interestingly I think it has to do with trying to start the Intel graphics, since the top 1/3 of the screen becomes corrupted during verbose boot. Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

I have the same boot problem as described, I have tried resetting bios and disabled EIST and TURBO

Here what I get in Console

8/9/11 11:23:10 PM com.apple.launchd[1] *** launchd[1] has started up. ***
8/9/11 11:24:20 PM com.apple.WindowServer[73] Tue Aug 9 23:24:20 anders-obbekjrs-Mac-Pro.local WindowServer[73] <Error>: kCGErrorFailure: Set a breakpoint @ CGErrorBreakpoint() to catch errors as they are logged.
8/9/11 11:24:22 PM com.apple.launchd.peruser.501[80] (com.apple.ReportCrash) Falling back to default Mach exception handler. Could not find: com.apple.ReportCrash.Self
8/9/11 11:24:28 PM com.apple.launchd.peruser.501[80] (com.apple.Kerberos.renew.plist[128]) Exited with exit code: 1
8/9/11 11:25:18 PM com.apple.launchd[1] (com.apple.xprotectupdater[24]) Exited with exit code: 255
8/9/11 11:25:20 PM com.apple.SystemStarter[27] /Library/StartupItems/Digidesign Mbox 2/Digidesign Mbox 2:start
8/9/11 11:25:20 PM com.apple.SystemStarter[27] Starting Digidesign Mbox 2 Configuration Service
8/9/11 11:25:20 PM com.apple.SystemStarter[27] PACESupport - launchd already started us

Any ideas for what I could try? I am running 10.6.8 btw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back