Contribute
Register

ga-p67a-ud3 i5-2500k kernel panic booting osx dvd

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'll have to try the 10.6.3 disk when i get ahold of my friend. I did notice a lot of people saying they were using that one. correct me if i'm wrong but the updated sandy bridge iboot legacy is the one from the downloads section, right? i just assumed.

did you try arch=i386?

i did not try arch=i386 what does that do?

So far the combinations of options i try include busratio=29 -x -v and pciroot=1
from what i've read busratio=29 is just needed for the timings to be correct, -x is for safemode, -v is verbose, and i have no idea what pciroot=1 does i just read it from some other trouble shooting sites. all combinations or even no options result in an almost instant kernel panic that looks like the picture i posted at the top of this thread (unless i use verbose, which scrolls text for an additional second or two as it loads things then it goes to the same kernel panic.

I genuinely feel like it's gotta be my SL DVD, it's clean and all but been sitting in a drawer forever. Later tonight i'll have my friends retail 10.6.3 disk to try and will report back after i try it and that arch=i386.

xxcheesexpuffxx said:
i did not try arch=i386 what does that do?

So far the combinations of options i try include busratio=29 -x -v and pciroot=1
from what i've read busratio=29 is just needed for the timings to be correct, -x is for safemode, -v is verbose, and i have no idea what pciroot=1 does i just read it from some other trouble shooting sites. all combinations or even no options result in an almost instant kernel panic that looks like the picture i posted at the top of this thread (unless i use verbose, which scrolls text for an additional second or two as it loads things then it goes to the same kernel panic.

I genuinely feel like it's gotta be my SL DVD, it's clean and all but been sitting in a drawer forever. Later tonight i'll have my friends retail 10.6.3 disk to try and will report back after i try it and that arch=i386.

arch=i386 tells it to load the 32-bit kernel.

TOTALLY TOTALLY must have been my 10.6.0 retail disk having some kind of error. I got a hold of my friends 10.6.3 disk and ran it with freshly optimized bios, changed hpet to 64 bit, sata ports to ahci, and cpu clock to 29 (also turned off the turbo options), booted to the iboot-legacy, switched in my friends 10.6.3, pressed f5 and used option "-v busratio=29" and i'm currently booted into OS X without issues. net works out of box like a freakin pro. I'm following through the rest of the suggested tutorials now but i just wanted to post how god damn excited i am right now.

thank you all who responded to this thread and all the other amazing posters on this and other blog forums. **cracks fingers** gonna be a long fun night of customizing, tweaking, and installing!!!!!! (large nerd chubby) ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back