1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD3-B3 Rev 1.1 F7 BIOS
Processor: Intel Core i5-2500
Memory: 8GB 1600 MHZ DDR3
Drive: OCZ AGT4-25SAT3-256G
Graphics Card: EVGA NVIDIA GeForce 460 GTX 768 MB

Using this guide, I'm able to install ML successfully. I once again used my USB flash drive to boot my fresh new copy of mountain lion. I downloaded multi beast, and the pre-edited DSDT for my BIOS revision. I know that many people refer to Gordo74's guide for a quick and painless install, but unfortunately, it lead me to failure. In addition to the pre-edited DSDT, I added the ALC8XXHDA + HDA rollback, Chimera bootloader, and the Latest L2M Network Beta, following the Lion Compatibility Database as a rough guide. I've also added TRIM support, and the Graphics drivers for 4xx/5xx series Fermi cards.

The issue I'm now running into is when I reboot from the internal disk, I get the apple logo and the spinning gear for a while, then a circle with a line going through it appears on the screen and the system hangs there.

Any help, would be much appreciated

Well, boot in verbose mode. I suspect you'll have a "still waiting for root device" error. I'm not a hundred percent sure though.
Post the feedback!

I am having the same problem and when I boot -v it gets stuck waiting for root device. Any advice?

i had the same issue, and after a few hours of messing around with various boot flag combinations, different hardware plugged and unplugged....I found that somehow my BIOS settings had reverted to default and was back in IDE mode. Switched it back to AHCI and everything booted right up.

I have this MB w/F9 BIOS (the latest), a 2500K i5 processor, an XFX 6850 XXX edition video card and a 1TB hard drive with 12GB of RAM. Created Unibeast USB drive and did a clean install. Used olarila.com DSDT file and the ATI 6xxx fix from this site and everything went very well. Used the Mac Pro 3,1 system definition from Multibeast.

I rebooted in verbose mode and yes, it just hangs and says "Still waiting for root device." It does this after the PCI configuration portion of the startup. I also tried the DSDT file from orailla.com and to no avail, it just immediately kernel panics upon boot.

I got through a clean install with this board (rev 1.1 F4). But the sound isn't working. I used the DSDT from the Database. I'm just curious how you decided to install those 3 options:

ALC8XXHDA + HDA rollback
Latest L2M Network Beta
TRIM support

Shouldn't the DSDT have the correct sound chip? Appreciate your info.
Network seems to be working, why do I need a new driver?
Is TRIM necessary? I have an OCZ Vertex 3 128G

Thanks!

guys here is the solution/.

type this

PCIRootUID=0 -x and boot into safe mode.. then there install user dsdt or easy beast( install user dsdt or easty beast only ) and then reboot.. u wil lbe good to go

Sorry, that doesn't work.
I have the GA-P67A-UD3-B3 rev. 1.x with F9-BIOS, too and I get no sound.

I'm having the same issue. I have the GA-P67A-UD3-B3 with 1.x F4

It gets hung up at "Still waiting for root device".

When I try using "PCIRootUID=0 -x" I get a Kernel Panic.

From the beginning, this is what I did... I updated my OS from Lion to Mountain Lion using UniBeast like described. Post installation, I used the new MB, with a DSDT file from Tony, and I only checked user the User DSDT, RealTek Audio, and the new Chimera... Any idea what went wrong? I went from Snow Leopard to Lion without issues... I can't even boot from my USB!

Another question... Can I run MB from my backup partition to make changes on my main partition that isn't working, or do I HAVE to run MB from the partition I want to change? I know it gives us the option to select any partition, but does it work?
Thanks,
-Wayd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back