Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-P67A-D3
CPU
i5-2500
Graphics
GTX 460
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I've built a hackintosh with a GA-P67A-D3-B3 mobo, i2500 core i5 processor, 4GB of RAM, and an ATI 6670 video card.

It works great, thanks to numerous tutorials and buying advice from this site, except for 2 things.

1. It doesn't go to sleep unless I manually tell it to. But i've heard this is common, so I'm not sure if there's a fix for that.

2. It wakes up from sleep on it's own, seemingly at random. Sometimes it will stay asleep. Sometimes I'll come back to find it's been running for who knows how long.

Is there any way to force it to stay asleep until I wake it up? Thanks for any help...

Sleep it using the power button.

Mine also wakes up randomly unless I hit the power button, or struggles to wake.

I don't know why, but the logs are different depending on whether you use the menu or the power button.

One more thing, turn off 'wake on network' in power saver preferences, if you haven't already. Mine slept all last night... LOL.

I realized it was LogMeIn continually turning the Wake On Network Activity checkbox on. Thanks guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back