Contribute
Register

GA-P67-UD4 B3 Audio Problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just like to say thanks to the guild people have put up on here has helped greatly. The only last thing is Audio, It was working on 10.6.6 with kernel 10.6 with chipset 889 perfect. I then updated the kernel and OS and now list no hardware I have tried a number of options with many outcome with the kexts. I even tried other kexts from MB and they installed and show in the profiler like 889, None of which has worked. If anyone else has this board and audio working would be a great help for the info thanks : )

Screenshot2011-04-02at175422.png

same problem, really need help from knowledgeable friends

rulezman said:

No, guys, is absolutely not a problem. You just missed the Audio Codec on ??your (and my) motherboard.

The audio codec of our motherboard is ALC889 and not ALC892, which was implemented in the GA-P67A-UD4

Our motherboard is an evolution and, in fact, in the end will bring B3.

Our motherboard, called: GA-P67A-UD4-B3

Squk said:
rulezman said:

No, guys, is absolutely not a problem. You just missed the Audio Codec on ??your (and my) motherboard.

Thank you Squk!
I was able to run audio with the lattest DSDT and fakesmc
in MULTIBEAST

It remains unsolved 2 problems:

1 E-SATA works but no "hot plug"
2 Sleep / wake partially working, but after wakeup, mouse and keyboard (wired) connected to the rear USB panel is not working (freeze)
is a solution to connect them to a USB port on the front panel, but I'm not comfortable

you could solve these problems?

No problem!

You should apply the patch, through DSDT Editor, call EHCISleep. Once out of sleep, keyboard and mouse work great.

Squk said:
No problem!

You should apply the patch, through DSDT Editor, call EHCISleep. Once out of sleep, keyboard and mouse work great.

Could you put the patched DSDT file?
THANK YOU!

rulezman said:
Squk said:
No problem!

Could you put the patched DSDT file?
THANK YOU!

Sure.

Even better would be to create them himself. The DSDT is a personal thing, we say.

With my DSDT, you no longer need dell'IOAHCIBlockStorage. If you do, you can delete it. The file is located in the folder / extra / extentions.

I, inside the Extras folder, for example, I only have two files: the file and ALC8xxHDA.kext FakeSMC.kexts. Look no further.

After you place within the folder EXTRA, My DSDT, remember to enable all the power saving feature in the BIOS.

I'm talking of:EIST - C3-C6 States - C1E. (I attach the image to make you understand better).

If you have them disabled, enable it. Once enabled, you must enter two values??: GenerateCStates and GeneratePStates within com.apple.Boot.plist. In this way.

<key> GenerateCStates </ key>
<string> Yes </ string>
<key> GeneratePStates </ key>
<string> Yes </ string>

Once this is done, you can save the com.apple.Boot.plist and once you reboot, you'll have a MacPro running perfectly, with a score (if allowed by default) to around 12,564.

Attachments

• Functions.jpg
    Functions.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 192
  • dsdt.aml.zip
    7.4 KB · Views: 75
Squk said:
Once this is done, you can save the com.apple.Boot.plist and once you reboot, you'll have a MacPro running perfectly, with a score (if allowed by default) to around 12,564.

You're a genius! thank you so much for the detailed information!

rulezman said:
Squk said:

You're a genius! thank you so much for the detailed information!

Thanks so much, Rulezman. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back