Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. Plus
Hi,

I can't seem to get audio working using MultiBeast and the AppleHDA Rollback. If I use VooDooHDA I get audio. Maybe I'm not selecting the correct combination of options in MultiBeast. I've tried ALC8xxHDA along with AppleHDA Rollback, assuming both should be checked at the same time (is this correct). I've also tried ALC8xxHDA along with AppleHDA Rollback and ALC887/888b (assuming all three should be checked at the same time).

I'd prefer to use the AppleHDA rollback as it seems to sound better to me than the VooDooHDA option.

Any suggestions as to what I could be doing wrong? What files should I have in /Extra/Extensions and /S/L/E for the AppleHDA Rollback to work?

Thanks.

I fixed it. I removed all the files with HDA in their name from /Extra/Extensions and /S/L/E and then ran MultiBeast again selecting ALC8xxHDA along with AppleHDA Rollback and System Utilities. After a reboot I had audio again.

Thanks for posting how you worked it out, I have the same problem. Fingers crossed that your fix works for me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back