Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Has anyone been able to use iBoot and Multibeast to install the retail Snow Leopard 10.60.0 without work-arounds on this combination of motherboard and processor? (I'm using the iBoot Supported that is on the web site today).

I've tried several times, and each time the install hangs shortly after the SL install starts. No error messages. I've verified the BIOS is correct (version 7.06) and that all BIOS settings are correct. The SATA DVD drive is on the blue SATA port 0, and the hard drive is on port 1. It has only 2 GB of memory, and an Asus GT 210 nVidia graphics card.

Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.

I can still return this motherboard and buy a different one, but I thought this was the most compatible card on the market (from other posts here).

Thanks.

Upgrading to F11 has no effect on the problem.

Does anyone know if a requirement for using an i3 processor with this motherboard is to do the initial install using a retail Snow Leopard disk that has version 10.6.3 or 10.6.4? (rather than starting with 10.6.0, and then upgrading to 10.6.4)

Alternately, has anyone been able to do an install using SL 10.6.0 and an i3?

Thanks.

silentsage said:
Upgrading to F11 has no effect on the problem.

Does anyone know if a requirement for using an i3 processor with this motherboard is to do the initial install using a retail Snow Leopard disk that has version 10.6.3 or 10.6.4? (rather than starting with 10.6.0, and then upgrading to 10.6.4)

Alternately, has anyone been able to do an install using SL 10.6.0 and an i3?

Thanks.

It doesn't matter which retail version of Snow Leopard you use.
You have to redo the BIOS settings after the BIOS upgrade.
I also thought the install hung but the progress bar popped on after a few minutes.

I dont know if you already fixed this, but I had a similar issue. I had to remove my graphics card and use the onboard graphics to install/setup (Using iBoot supported). Once I had updated to 10.6.3 and installed the Supported kernel in multibeast I was able to reinstall my graphics card and boot normally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back