Contribute
Register

GA-P55A-UD3 w/ Geforce 4850 success!

Status
Not open for further replies.
history said:
tonymacx86 said:
history said:
Thanks a lot, I will give this a try. Do I still need to install the above ATI drivers, or is everything I need in multibeast (ati driver/ATY)?

:thumbup:

ATY_Init.kext is in MultiBeast ;)

Thanks a lot. Ok, i tried installing all of the ati drivers from the graphics section of multibeast. When I restarted a couple of times, I could successfully start without -x, but my resolution option was only the default 1024 by 768. Any ideas? Thank you very much!

Install the two packages from this comment. Reboot. Install the ATY_Init from multibeast. Reboot. (All the kexts are now in multibeast, but I'm just showing you the way I did it).

You may have to clear out all the graphics kexts you installed so you are 'starting fresh'. As soon as I ran the first two packages and rebooted, I had all the graphics options available. It sounds like you might have some conflicting kexts installed.

I've had no end of grief trying to install my ATI 4850.

I thought buying the P55M-UD2 would make life easier but when I download the Boot CDs they have an old MultiBeast with DSDT for F7 BIOS and I'm pretty sure I have F8 BIOS (new board).

Is there any list of kexts that I need to select in MultiBeast for a HD4850 or does it vary from card to card? I'm getting a great picture for 1 second or so then it flickers and goes blue then white and then back to good picture. Obviously not much use.

Now removing all kexts one at a time and seeing what works but it would be much easier if I knew which kexts are needed?

Hi guys,
I'm new to this forum so this will be my first post :clap:

But anyways, after finding this forum I decided to try my first crack at installing a hackintosh so I went out to buy these parts:

i7-860
GA-P55A-UD3 (rev 1)
Radeon HD4850 512MB
2x2gb OCZ Platinum DDR3

I've tried to install using tonymacs iboot-nvidia, and iboot-ati from:
http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2010/04/ ... -x-on.html

But I've had no luck at all. Everytime I try to install it freezes at the installation screen.
The screen is GREY with a Apple logo and a crossed out circle.

I thought it would be easy since all your specs are pretty much the same as mine, but I don't understand the problem that I could be getting. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back