Mac
  1. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. Classic
  2. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Noticed in the DSDT Database current Gigabyte version chart that it lists the P55A-UD3 as up to F11 for any revision, however in the dsdt database the only option under rev 2.0 is F9.

Can anyone clarify if the F11 for the P55A-UD3 Rev. 1.0 is universal for both revisions or has the database just not been updated yet.

THANKS!

Re: GA-P55A-UD3 (Rev 2.0) F11?

trevolutionary said:
Noticed in the DSDT Database current Gigabyte version chart that it lists the P55A-UD3 as up to F11 for any revision, however in the dsdt database the only option under rev 2.0 is F9.

Can anyone clarify if the F11 for the P55A-UD3 Rev. 1.0 is universal for both revisions or has the database just not been updated yet.

THANKS!
Good catch, both versions of the bard use the same BIOS but the DSDT edit's are different since the Rev 2.0 board uses the ALC892.

I will fix this and post both versions of F11. I'll update this post viewtopic.php?f=66&t=6214 when it's done.

Hi I'm also using the same motherboard and I'm having trouble installing the User DSDT.

I have updated the mobo to F9, and heres my question. When I am using the DSDT from the database, can I install it using iBoot Supported and MultiBeast as it is or do I have to edit it first? Which options do I have to select during the MultiBeast installer?

Thank for MacMan for all your hard work on these DSDTs

I used the DSDT hosted here (F9) without edit and added a few kexts for full functionality. Solutions can be found in the forum but what worked for me was VoodooHDA version 0.2.56 (under VooDooHDA->experimental in Multibeast 2.3) for audio and Lnx2Mac's RealtekRTL81xx driver for network.

Then whatever you need for graphics, etc.

And don't forget to run the system utilities and have the dsdt file on the desktop (can rename it DSDT.ami for good measure but not required with the newest Multibeast).

Oh, and THANKS MACMAN!!! for all the work you are doing and for the prompt responses to users like me who are trying to get their feet wet.

Just wanted to update that I found the DSDT update but had to copy the link for the F9 from the database and change the link to:

Public/DSDT-GA-P55A-UD3-2.0-F11.aml

Unfortunately the database itself does not yet link to it. MacMan, if you are listening could you add the link in? Thanks again for adjusting this! :headbang:

trevolutionary said:
Just wanted to update that I found the DSDT update but had to copy the link for the F9 from the database and change the link to:

Public/DSDT-GA-P55A-UD3-2.0-F11.aml

Unfortunately the database itself does not yet link to it. MacMan, if you are listening could you add the link in? Thanks again for adjusting this! :headbang:
Fixed

Thanks MacMan!

PROBLEMS at this point. not sure if related to updated DSDT or something else. System was running well before updated bios, reset bios settings, installed DSDT.

1. Now usb keyboard/mouse not working after soft restart/shut down (can't even unplug and put into another port, all ports appear dead after menu restart/shutdown).

2. HD listing the incorrect amount of space available, leading to time machine issues.

3. When attempting to copy a folder/file a warning will pop up that "The operation can’t be completed because an item with the name xxx already exists." even though the file/item was not there before the attempt to copy it over occurred.

Have tried repairing permissions and kext utility.

~~~~MOVED TO ANOTHER THREAD~~~~

Guys, i really need to get this hackintosh going.

i have the ga-p55a-ud3 motherboard, but how do i know if i should use the rev1 or rev2 file?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back