Graphics
GeForce GT 640 2 Gb
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Initially (Unibeast 1.5) when I tried to update OSX 10.7.4 I suffered loss of USB. Unibeast version 1.5 apparently was flawed with respect to inserting the IOUSBRollback option. I remedied this via using Multibeast to install the rollback on my Unibeast thumbdrive. This got me through 99.9% completion on installation but the system said installation had failed although the system booted with an apparent ML OS yet no user files were transferred. Upon attempting to use the requisite DSDT with Multibeast and the audio rollback, Multibeast failed. After this consecutive installations of Mountain Lion yielded a system that would boot but had to usb fuction at the login screen and so was essentially bricked, Lion wouldn't reinstall either. Eventually I DBAN'd my SSD boot drive and got Lion reinstalled but was discouraged. Enter Unibeast 1.5.2. This time the installation went flawlessly. User files were transferred and everything except sound was present on the initial boot which was successfully remedied by Multibeast. At this point everything has full functionality.

Most of this can be found in other threads, but if there is someone with my setup who is hesitant to try the update due to problems with the first update attempt I hope this will alleviate those fears. Good Luck! And of course thanks to Tonymac and crew.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back