Contribute
Register

GA-P55-UD4P No Network

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Mac Man:
Yes I've removed the 32bit driver before i ran Multibeast again but still no joy in 64 bit mode

@Czar75:
I've tried enabling Wake on LAN and re-ran Multibeast but still no joy at 64 bit mode as well.

everything else works but the LAN... Thanks again guys I really appreciate your help.

jernel said:
@Mac Man:
Yes I've removed the 32bit driver before i ran Multibeast again but still no joy in 64 bit mode

@Czar75:
I've tried enabling Wake on LAN and re-ran Multibeast but still no joy at 64 bit mode as well.

everything else works but the LAN... Thanks again guys I really appreciate your help.
Do you have /System/Library/Extensions.mkext ? If so delete it.

Hi,

I can't find the file in /System/Library/
but found the file in /Extra/Extensions.mkext

I've deleted it and re-ran Multibeast and still can't get the 64bit ethernet to work.

dare i ask whether there is a separate kext for the Realtek Ethernet in 64bit that i can install?

jernel said:
Hi,

I can't find the file in /System/Library/
but found the file in /Extra/Extensions.mkext

I've deleted it and re-ran Multibeast and still can't get the 64bit ethernet to work.

dare i ask whether there is a separate kext for the Realtek Ethernet in 64bit that i can install?
The only 64-bit Realtek ethernet driver is the RealtekR1000SL Open Source driver in MultiBeast.

Realtek has released an official driver, but it's 32-bit only. I read somewhere that they won't be releasing a 64-bit driver.

Man.. this is bizzare...

everyone seems to be able to get their ethernet working accept this machine...
I'll have to blow it away and try it one more time... maybe there is a step that i missed...

Quick question.. do I need to drag the /systems/library/extensions to the Kext utility everytime i install a kext or can i just run kext utility and it will sort it self out?

jernel said:
Man.. this is bizzare...

everyone seems to be able to get their ethernet working accept this machine...
I'll have to blow it away and try it one more time... maybe there is a step that i missed...

Quick question.. do I need to drag the /systems/library/extensions to the Kext utility everytime i install a kext or can i just run kext utility and it will sort it self out?
You don't need to rebuild the caches for /S/L/E. SL is smart enough that when the directory is touched or something is added or delete it will automatically update it's cache.

Do you have /S/L/Extensions.mkext? If you do, delete it as it is no longer needed and can cause problems.

Hi, all
did you disable the "Green Lan" option in BIOS?
that's a energy saving feature that turns off your NIC if there is no activity detected.
Win driver handles that but mac's don't.
Just disable that option on Both NIC and my machine have both port working ever since, FYI.

@Mac Man: I only have /E/Extensions.mkext and I've deleted it can't see anything under /S/L/. I've tried it from the beginning and i got the same result... wierd huh??

@Strereosurfer: The Green LAN is disabled and i left it disabled as i'm using both NIC cards

:banghead:

jernel said:
@Mac Man: I only have /E/Extensions.mkext and I've deleted it can't see anything under /S/L/. I've tried it from the beginning and i got the same result... wierd huh??

@Strereosurfer: The Green LAN is disabled and i left it disabled as i'm using both NIC cards

:banghead:
So you deleted /E/Extensions.mkext? Did you rebuild it using MultiBeast disk utilities?

Is RealtekR1000SL.kext in /S/L/E?

I deleted /E/Extensions.mkext
deleted RealtekR1000SL.kext in /S/L/E
deleted AppleRTL8169Ethernet.kext in S/L/E
re-ran MultiBeast and ticked RealtekR1000SL and 64bit mode with permissions repair, but no ethernet

so I have to revert back and re-install AppleRTL8169Ethernet and re-ran Multibeast in 32bit mode to get ethernet...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back