Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-P35-DS4 (rev 2.0)
CPU
E6850
Graphics
8800GT
Hi all!

First of all I'd like to thanks all the devs for the great work! This has been the easiest install thus far! The only issue I have is booting without the USB stick.

I followed the UniBeat Clover El Capitan guide:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...ny-supported-intel-based-pc.html#post_install

1. Configured USB with Legacy Boot Mode
2. In Post install used Legacy Boot Mode - Root (Clover_v2.3k_r3320_Legacy_Root.pkg) and CustoMac Essentials.pkg
3. At the moment Mac shows up as iMac8,1

The next part Im not sure If i have done correctly:
1. For the config.plist edit, I first changed the permission of EFI/CLOVER/config.plist to enabled read/write.
2. Opened config.plist in Clover Configurator and duplicated it.
3. Enabled Nvidia inject
4. In SMBIOS used magic wand and chose Mac Pro.
5. Saved the config.plist to EFI/CLOVER to overwrite the config.plist

When I restart now without the USB stick, in Clover I choose the El Capitan disk to boot, which is when I see the stop sign and the system doesn't boot.

Im guessing the problem is that the config.plist is edited in correctly?

did you just copy config.plist from USB EFI to your HD?

did you just copy config.plist from USB EFI to your HD?

Thanks. That worked. But when I try to change SMBIOS (copy plist, edit, copy back to EFI/CLOVER), Im not able to boot any more and I get the circle with a line through it.

The best way to get help is going to be to boot verbose (space bar from Clover menu) and post a photo of where it stops.

Without knowing exactly what the error is, some of the Mac Pro models (5,1 and 6,1 I think?) expect ECC memory, and fail if you don't have it (covered in the big list of solutions). MacPro3,1 is normally considered a safe option.

Hi there! I am currently trying to set up a Hackintosh with almost the same hardware that you got. The only difference is that I have a HD5870 instead of a 8800 GT.

I have a problem with coming past the Clover boot screen when trying to install El Capitan. When i press to Boot from the USB drive my screen goes black and never recovers. Is there anything you did different from the guide here on this site? Are there any special configurations you did in the BIOS? Any information on your setup process would be appreciated. Also was your harddrive completely new when you installed OS X or has it been used for something else before? Did you use a USB 2.0 or 3.0 stick when installing OS X?

Thank you for your time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back