1. Centris
  2. iBook
  3. iMac
  4. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Alright,

Had a Hackintosh over 7 years ago. The updating was troublesome at that time, so I plunged and bought a MacBookPro.

FastForward to 2014, I was looking at a Mac Mini to upgrade my MBP, but they are stuck in the past, spec-wise. So, for just a little less money than a Mini, I got myself a nice GA-H97N-WIFI, an i5-4570, 16G Ram from Kingston, a couple of HDDs and started to read multiple threads here.

Figured since the H87 and the H97 shared so many similarities, it should go well....
I followed the steps from this thread:
CustoMac Mini 2013: GA-H87N-WIFI - Core i3-4340 - Intel HD 4600

But not so easy.

First, I cloned my HD from the MBP, hoping to save time instead of installing and migrating / re-installing all my apps.
Then, got UniBeast to boot. I can boot to the desktop using -x, in safe mode.

But, I can't get passed the DRMStatus error when booting with -v only.

These are the errors I get from verbose mode:

SMC::smcInitHelper ERROR: MMIO regMap == NULL - fall back to old SMC mode

ACPI_SMC_PlatformPluginUtil::start - waitForService(resourceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPower Management) timed out

WARNING: IOPlatformPluginUtil : getCPUIDInfo : this is an unknown CPU model 0x3c -- power management may be incomplete or unsupported.

Then, I get to the DRMStatus iTunes/Apple Store Content Access Problem.... and it's stuck.

In Multibeast, I used the patched AppleIntelCPU for 10.9

I'm not sure where to go next. I tried a few different Bios combinations, but nothing works.

My eyes are red and sore from reading threads after threads....

If anyone has some insights, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Since you have a non "K" processor, make sure that the BIOS parameter VT-d is Disabled. You might also need to boot with dart=0 at the Chimera screen. If that works, then modify your /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist file with the "dart=0" in the Kernel Flag string.

Thanks for the reply.

I had disabled VT-d, and I tried adding the "dart=0" but I get the same errors still.

A couple other things I just noticed is I get this

"** /dev/rdisk0s2 (NO WRITE)"

and

"BootCacheControl: Unable to open /var/db/BootCache.playlist:2 No such file or directory"

Could that be a problem too?

So, I started fresh.

I reformatted the whole drive. Used UniBeast/MultiBeast following the info on this forum. Used BIOS settings that people had success with, but I ended up exactly at the same place, with the same errors.

I'm starting to think that not much has changed since 2007.... Pretty much dealing with the same issues. That's annoying.

I'm running in circles and I really don't know what else to try. I've tried a myriad of different setups, and still nothing works. The only thing I didn't try was "With DSDT" as it is mentioned in the MultiBeast install, newer boards would not need DSDT.

Wait!

What just happened?

After a few unsuccessful tries, I got to boot without -x. Out of the blue, without changing anything. Just restarted like a mad person....

Restarted, got stuck.

Restarted again, I'm in.

Very strange. Anyway. At least, I am in now, so I can see what I can do.

So far, I can get it to sleep, but on awakening, screen is all garbled (snow) but it comes back after about 30 seconds.

Also, my HD4600 isn't fully working I guess, because I have no transparencies on the menu bar and some tearing when I move windows around. Quicktime works, but VLC only plays audio, no video. I have GE=Yes, IGPE=Yes, I tried to add some IGP definitions to the chameleon bootlist (presently 0D220003), but no go.

Mac Profiler shows the HD4600 is used and 1536 MB of VRAM.
Vendor: Intel (0x8086)
Device ID: 0x0412
Revision ID: 0x0006

But clearly has problems. When I move windows around, there is a lot of tearing. Also don't have the translucid menu bar.

And I seem to have some USB trouble.
If anything else than the mouse and keyboard plugged in, I can't get to the Desktop. Unplug everything else. Then I have to try up to 5 times before I get to the Desktop. If I plug in a USB drive (or anything USB), it will freeze. Sometimes it will show a KP on IOUSBMassStorageClass 3.6 with dependencies to all the USB kexts. Sometimes it will just freeze with no log to show for.

I did install the GenericUSBXHCI, and the fix for USB3...

I tried searching, googled, but I can't find anything on IOUSBMassStorageClass KP and 10.9.
I always end up with pages mentioning 10.6, but nothing interesting on 10.9

So, I'm getting closer.

Still need USB to be stable and not crash, and HD4600

Wait!

What just happened?

After a few unsuccessful tries, I got to boot without -x. Out of the blue, without changing anything. Just restarted like a mad person....

Restarted, got stuck.

Restarted again, I'm in.

Very strange. Anyway. At least, I am in now, so I can see what I can do.

So far, I can get it to sleep, but on awakening, screen is all garbled (snow) but it comes back after about 30 seconds.

Also, my HD4600 isn't fully working I guess, because I have no transparencies on the menu bar and some tearing when I move windows around. Quicktime works, but VLC only plays audio, no video. I have GE=Yes, IGPE=Yes, I tried to add some IGP definitions to the chameleon bootlist (presently 0D220003), but no go.

Mac Profiler shows the HD4600 is used and 1536 MB of VRAM.
Vendor: Intel (0x8086)
Device ID: 0x0412
Revision ID: 0x0006

But clearly has problems. When I move windows around, there is a lot of tearing. Also don't have the translucid menu bar.

And I seem to have some USB trouble.
If anything else than the mouse and keyboard plugged in, I can't get to the Desktop. Unplug everything else. Then I have to try up to 5 times before I get to the Desktop. If I plug in a USB drive (or anything USB), it will freeze. Sometimes it will show a KP on IOUSBMassStorageClass 3.6 with dependencies to all the USB kexts. Sometimes it will just freeze with no log to show for.

I tried searching, googled, but I can't find anything on IOUSBMassStorageClass KP and 10.9.
I always end up with pages mentioning 10.6, but nothing interesting on 10.9

So, I'm getting closer.

Still need USB to be stable and not crash, and HD4600

I'm in the exact same boast as you, with my i5-4670K trying to use integrated graphics with Z97X-UD5H mobo. I also tried to the IGP definition to the chameleon bootlist with the same results as you. So you're not alone . . .

Looking at my loaded kexts, I see these for video:

com.apple.iokit.IOGraphicsFamily (2.4.1) <11 7 5 4 3 1>
com.apple.iokit.IOAcceleratorFamily2 (98.20) <61 11 7 6 5 4 3 1>
com.apple.AppleGraphicsDeviceControl (3.5.26) <7 6 5 4 3 1>
com.apple.driver.AppleIntelFramebufferAzul (8.2.6) <63 62 61 14 11 12 7 6 5 4 3 1>

I do not see any HD4000 or HD5000 kexts loading. Nothing about Capri either.

The 9 series motherboards use a new Intel chipset that OS X doesn't recognize and Intel Integrated Graphics doesn't work. In a H97N, I'm using an old Gigabyte 6450, that I had lying around, and it works OOB with GraphicsEnable=No. If you still have trouble getting to the desktop with a graphics card, when booting, boot with GraphicsMode=1920x1080x32 using your monitor's resolution; then add it to your /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist file as
Code:
<key>GraphicsMode</key>
<string>1920x1080x32</string>  <--- using your monitor's resolution
Look in the tonymacx86 Buyer's Guides, current and past, for graphics cards that work with OS X.

To install Mavericks 10.9.3, use "-x maxmem-4096" (or the largest amount of memory in one of your memory modules). After installation and OS X reboots, use -x to get to the desktop to run MultiBeast. Then, you should be good to go.

Good luck!

Thanks for the info.

Yes, by reading even more, I got that the newer series 9 boards do not work with IGP.

I had a (very) old gt7600 at home and gave it a shot... unfortunately, it's a 32-bit card and will not work nicely.

I might just buy a cheap GT210 for now to get QE going, 'cos it's kinda annoying to not being able to watch youtube, videos, and the constant flickering.... it might be a "band-aid" solution until the HD4600 and x97 boards are supported.

Now, I have to fix my USB problem. If I plug in a USB drive (or anything USB), it will freeze. Sometimes it will show a KP on IOUSBMassStorageClass 3.6 with dependencies to all the USB kexts. Sometimes it will just freeze with no log to show for.

Maybe I'll try uninstalling the GenericSUB kext and move from there....

any solution for usb freeze?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back