I'm building a set up for a friend:

GA-H97N-Wifi (customac?)
i3-4330
8GB DDR3 RAM
60GB SSD
1TB HDD
GTX 650Ti 2GB (MSI)

------------------------

I'm so far having problems only. First I couldn't even boot into the installation of Yosemite, which worked with "-x -v GraphicsEnabler=No" .. Installed, restarted and booted in to system with same flags, installed audio, ethernet, fakesmc, and basic DSDT-Free option. Repaired perms, cleared kernel and kext caches, rebooted. Sound worked, couldn't test ethernet, plugged in a flash drive to front, got a Kernel Panic with IOUSBFamily.kext .... rebooted and got a panic with NVDAResman.kext .. Rebooted again and it was ok, then after few minutes it froze.

Tried formatting the drive again, and installing with Clover .. Can't get past it, keeps on rebooting back to Clover. Tried installing again with Unibeast and then installing Clover, which resulted in me not being able to boot back (bootloop again).

I checked every guide for this board on the forum and tried everything, I'm having numerous KP's every time and difficulties even doing things.

The bios version is F5 (should I downgrade?) , don't have a DSDT, tho I did try to generate an SSDT when I wanted to try Clover only (ssdtprgen),...

This is my third hackintosh, my current build is and H77N-Wifi in which I didn't encounter a single KP (also Clover, running 10.10)..

I will greatly appreciate any help!! (Right now I'm going to download Mavericks over night and tomorrow see if it's better to install that..)

Last edited:
I have a near Identical build to yours.
It's an old build of mine that I have attempted to upgrade to Yosemite:
Currently cannot upgrade due to the graphics card. OS X seems to choke on the graphics card upon startup.
Try removing the graphics card and see what it does.

Regards,
FezClone:beachball:

Also have a similar build to yous. Same board. Installed Yosemite with clover twic in different occassions. Once with unibeast. I had only one flag and I managed to fix that by ignoring cache. I have to agree with previous post, it could very well be your graphics card.

i also had a hard time booting into clover the first time but I loaded the default bios settings and then set them as I would anew for bios. worked like a charm.

I managed to make a stable install.. I used this guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-desktop-guides/144426-how-install-os-x-yosemite-using-clover.html ..

Absolutely to the point, even the basic-config.plist in the thread attachements and I didn't make any modifications to it.. (also the HFS file instead of that other one, etc,.) I booted into install only with -v .. Installed succesfuly, on 2nd reboot the same and created the repair partition, 3rd boot booted into system with a kextd kernel panic, so I tried again and it booted succesfuly (no idea what happened),.

I'm currently sitting at a perfectly working system, made sound work without a problem, ethernets work, usbs are ok (fixed error messages in console by using GenericUSBXHCI kext /or something like that/ ). I installed the Nvidia web drivers even though I dont have a card that would need it, I just feel like they are better, made speedstepping work with a ssdtprgen generated SSDT.aml and -xcpm flag. So currently my 10.10 kext folder in Clover consists of == FakeSMC.kext (+plugins), RealtekHDA.kext, 2xEthernet.kexts (Atheros + Intel), GenericUSBXHCI.kext and a 3rd Party SATA kext from MultiBeast (for some reason I got a "still waiting for root device" when I enabled speedstepping and this kext fixed it.).

THE ONLY THING THAT DOES NOT WORK IS SLEEP, and I'm really desperate as to why it doesn't work :( Anyone any ideas? I'm using a DSDT and I already tried patching the SBUS in Clover, since when I put the Hackintosh in sleep it turns off but fans/etc. keep on running and I can wake it up by keyboard again and if I look into the Console it says "Sleep prevented by SBUS".. or something like that. Help? :D Otherwise feel free to ask for anything, I can supply my current config.plist (made a lota changes), ssdt, dsdt, etc. ;)

For sleep, there should be an option to fix that in multibeast.
Correct me if i'm wrong, I haven't done a heap of installing in a while.

try my dsdt

remember to upgrate your BIOS to F5 version

Attachments

• H97N-F5??DSDT.aml.zip
    21.4 KB · Views: 202
For sleep, there should be an option to fix that in multibeast.
Correct me if i'm wrong, I haven't done a heap of installing in a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back