Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
H97N-Wifi
CPU
Intel Core i7
Graphics
Intel
Some years ago I built a hack from the Tony mac catalog. Worked well, and I upgraded through El Capitan, High Sierra et al to Mojave, where I stopped upgrading since Mojave appeared to do all that I needed. Or so I thought.

So now, I'm looking at a couple of USB3 portables for offsite backups, but...

The box/mobo/mini-ATX spec allows for 4 ports at the back to run USB 2.o or 3.0, but I can't make them behave (probably a knowledge thing) I have XHCI set to Auto ('cos smart auto don't work proper...) and EHCI Hand-off set to enabled as per the imanual, but I can't get the machine to 'see' USB2/USB3 drives. Bummer.

In my foolishness, I did get it working such that the big Seagate 2TB (getting elderly now - like me, and it requires an external power adapter - no good at all) and the WD My Passport 2TB both ran on USB3once and transferred files at a zinging pace, but the config got lost.

Anyone got any ideas how I can make this USB3 thingy work?

Some years ago I built a hack from the Tony mac catalog. Worked well, and I upgraded through El Capitan, High Sierra et al to Mojave, where I stopped upgrading since Mojave appeared to do all that I needed. Or so I thought.

The box/mobo/mini-ATX spec allows for 4 ports at the back to run USB 2.o or 3.0, but I can't make them behave (probably a knowledge thing) I have XHCI set to Auto ('cos smart auto don't work proper...) and EHCI Hand-off set to enabled as per the imanual, but I can't get the machine to 'see' USB2/USB3 drives. Bummer.

In my foolishness, I did get it working such that the big Seagate 2TB (getting elderly now - like me, and it requires an external power adapter - no good at all) and the WD My Passport 2TB both ran on USB3once and transferred files at a zinging pace, but the config got lost.

i have moved your post to desktop support

have a read on :

Not to worry, I managed to get it all working without assistance. DL'ed the current version of Hackintool and held my breath. Worked at first time of asking, so NP now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back