i5-4430
Graphics
HD 4600
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
which is the appropriate way to connect to the ATx-12v connector. I get power to the Motherboard, but the machine will not start and I'm trying to figure out which part of the additional Corsair connectors you plug into the ATX_12V connector on the MB. I've tried various ways.

Thanks in advance

Chris

which is the appropriate way to connect to the ATx-12v connector. I get power to the Motherboard, but the machine will not start and I'm trying to figure out which part of the additional Corsair connectors you plug into the ATX_12V connector on the MB. I've tried various ways.

Thanks in advance

Chris

Humm... well from the Corsair support web pages I found this:

"4. Connect the 8-pin +12V (EPS12V) cable.

a. If your motherboard has an 8-pin +12V socket, connect the 8-pin cable directly to your motherboard.
b. If your motherboard has a 4-pin socket, detach the 4-pin from the 8-pin cable, and then plug this 4-pin cable directly to your motherboard.

WARNING: The detachable 4-pin from the 24-pin main connector is not a “P4” or “+12V” connector. Serious damage can be caused if you use it in place of a “P4” or “+12V” connector."

The 24 pin and 8 pin cable connectors are the non-modular portion of the PSU.

Good modding,
neil

I got it. I went back to the Basics and looks like one of my 2 RAM chips is not working. So I removed the 2nd 8gb Ballistix Sport chip and it started up with the other 8gb.

I'm going to try and reinstall the other 8gb after finalizing install. If that doesn't work, I guess I have defective memory.

Thoughts?

I got it. I went back to the Basics and looks like one of my 2 RAM chips is not working. So I removed the 2nd 8gb Ballistix Sport chip and it started up with the other 8gb.

I'm going to try and reinstall the other 8gb after finalizing install. If that doesn't work, I guess I have defective memory.

Thoughts?

If you bought a matched pair of 8Gb modules in a 16Gb kit, and one is bad, RMA both modules and get two matched new ones in a new kit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back