Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I'm building a Hackintosh for my GF. Specs GA H77N (ref 1.1) (F4 Bios), 3570K, OCZ 256 SSD, 16GB RAM. I have a AMD 7970 which i'm hoping to install later so i can dual boot with Win 7.

I created a Unibeast installer with 3.01 partitioned the hard drive as per the instructions at the top thread, but i can't get the install to finish - it white screens with about a minute to go - the mouse is stuck...

i'm using the latest version of ML downloaded from the apple store. 10.8.5

Can anyone help?? I bought this motherboard precisely because it was recommended as an EASY set-up to get working!!

OK so i've managed to get it installed through a combination of tweaking the gigabyte bios, booting in safe mode, creating a new unibeast install stick and unpluging the 2nd HDD and DVD drive. I even have sound

HOWEVER i cannot get the DVD RW to work for any period of time...i've changed sata ports, sata cables, and it comes and goes over restarts. i've managed to get FCP installed, but when i try to install Creative Cloud 5 the DVD writer literally disappears during the install...

What's wierd is that it disappears from the BIOS as well!!! i've seen a few similar threads about DVD drives not working and wondered as i'm a bit behind the pace if anyone has a solution...

Might an external usb dvd drive do the trick? if it was an apple one. I'm using a samsung DVD, not quite sure of the model number.

Thanks in advance

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back