Contribute
Register

GA-H77M-D3H I only can install or boot with -x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations on get your Hack up and running. As I stated in the quote from the UEFI guide - setting to PEG is only used for those using a graphics card. Your install uses the Intel onboard graphics (HD4000) so that part was not to be changed. I quoted it in full to show the context - if anyone reading was using a card it was clear how to set it.

Are you able to post up a picture of the graphics/font issue you are having so we can resolve?

Adrian B

Ojoavizor, congratulations dude!!!!

What you say about the fonts could be the resolutions and Hz of the screens. I'm using 2 screens. OSX recognizes the first one, but the other no, so I have to check the exact resolution and Hz. Mine is 1920x1080 60Hz. What screen conector are you using in the motherboard and the screen?

One more thing: Please, test suspend your computer and wake it up. That's the only thing that doesn't work for me, because the graphics card doesn't wake up. I would like to know if with the card of the motherboard it works.

Best regards.
Ramón.

Are you able to post up a picture of the graphics/font issue you are having so we can resolve?

Adrian B

Hi,

Here is the picture. I don´t know if you can discern what I am talking about from this picture, but when your are in front of the screen is quite obvious.
I had tried changing the screen resolution and Hz, but when I did it got into a messs and it was difficult to restore it to the previous state. I will try again anyway. I plug screen and computer through a DVI-HDMI cable.
Ramón, regarding the sleeping issue, I did as you asked me and everything was ok. No problem at all for me.

Attachments

• FontsExample.jpg
    FontsExample.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 160
Can't really tell anything from the image, comparing it to my own 'About this Mac' info yields little if any noticeable difference. My display setting are 'best for display', its working fine for me.

Adrian B

Adrian, yes, I've disabled energy saving. I want my hackintos at full consumption!!! like a Hummer H1 lol!!!

Ojoavizor, now that you have checked enery saving without problems, I'm going to unplug my Radeon to test again the motherboard graphics card. I want to test it with my 2 screens. I will tell you if I have the problem with the fonts. I've seen that you have asigned 7xx Mb to the card in the Bios, right?

I was going to send you my email by private message here but you have it disabled!!

Interesting: I've unplugged my radeon card. Now I have the same configuration than Ojoavizor. I've configured the bios for IGFX. Now I boot and the system hungs in the White screen with the Apple. How is this possible????? it's just the same configuration!!

Ojoavizor have you isntalled the same options in Multibeast than me???

After a while.....

There is no way. I can't get the graphics card of the motherboard working. I'm back to my Radeon. I don't understand why it doesn't work. The only difference with Ojoavizor is the processor and the hard disk. Could the processor affect the graphics card? What I've seen booting with -v is a warning saying that the system doesn't recognizes my processor model, and that ACPI could not work properly.

Ojo, please, tell me if you installed just as I told you without anything else.

Interesting: I've unplugged my radeon card. Now I have the same configuration than Ojoavizor. I've configured the bios for IGFX. Now I boot and the system hungs in the White screen with the Apple. How is this possible????? it's just the same configuration!!

Ojoavizor have you isntalled the same options in Multibeast than me???

After a while.....

There is no way. I can't get the graphics card of the motherboard working. I'm back to my Radeon. I don't understand why it doesn't work. The only difference with Ojoavizor is the processor and the hard disk. Could the processor affect the graphics card? What I've seen booting with -v is a warning saying that the system doesn't recognizes my processor model, and that ACPI could not work properly.

Ojo, please, tell me if you installed just as I told you without anything else.

Hi Ramón,

I have discovered that I just can use the DVI output, the VGA output won't work. Maybe this is your problem.
I installed the same configuration than yours in Multibeast. By the way, I have activated private messages.

Thanks Adrian!!

I got here my Asus Zenbook UX31E. Guess what I'm thinking on..... lol!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back