Contribute
Register

GA-H77M-D3H I only can install or boot with -x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes,

You are correct, here is the quote from the UEFI guide;

"On the peripherals settings screen you can also configure the display settings. In the case of the example above, a discrete graphics card was used, so PEG is what you want to select under Init Display First. If you’re using the integrated Intel graphics, then you want to select IGFX here. You don’t need to make any changes to the Internal Graphics Memory Size setting here, just leave it at the default of 64MB."

Guide link : http://www.tonymacx86.com/99-quick-guide-configuring-uefi-gigabyte-s-7-series-lga-1155-boards.html

Also it has been noted in other builds that the best bios version to Hackintosh the GA-H77-DH3 board is version 9

Adrian B

Thank you. I will try it this afternoom or tomorrow. First thing is to upgrade the Bios.
By the way, thank you for the other guide you posted. I was considering it as well.

Never rush a bios update, read instructions and take your time - its an easier prospect to do than ever before, just prepare in advance and do it in a calm and measured manner and you will be fine. Never install beta versions of bios - leave that to the professionals ;)

I see from the Gigabyte site for this mother board that there is two versions - Rev1 and Rev 1.1. You can find out which one you have by checking the top left of your board (infront of PCI-e sockets).

Use the bios update for your version only - incase any of the chipsets have changed between mother board revisions.

See this page for further info - bios available under downloads (be on the correct revision before selecting bios download)

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4143#bios

Adrian B

Never rush a bios update, read instructions and take your time - its an easier prospect to do than ever before, just prepare in advance and do it in a calm and measured manner and you will be fine. Never install beta versions of bios - leave that to the professionals ;)

I see from the Gigabyte site for this mother board that there is two versions - Rev1 and Rev 1.1. You can find out which one you have by checking the top left of your board (infront of PCI-e sockets).

Use the bios update for your version only - incase any of the chipsets have changed between mother board revisions.

See this page for further info - bios available under downloads (be on the correct revision before selecting bios download)

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4143#bios

Adrian B

Thank you. I really apreciate your indications. I hadn't realized about the Rev version.
About the procedure, I was thinking to follow this short guide:

You will need a working Copy of Windows to unzip the downloaded *.exe file.
Prepare another USB stick under Windows. Format with FAT32.
Download F9 BIOS from Gigabyte.
Unzip the *.exe folder of your BIOS (7zip is a good tool).
Copy the *.f9 File to the stick.
Reboot your PC and go to your BIOS by pressing "DEL" on the startup.
Navigate to "Advanced Settings" and click on "Q Flash".
Disable "Keep DMI Data". Then click on "Update BIOS from Drive" and select your USB stick.
Select the *.f9 file.
Congrats you have successfully updated your BIOS to F9 !

Thank you. I really apreciate your indications. I hadn't realized about the Rev version.
About the procedure, I was thinking to follow this short guide:

Download F9 BIOS from Gigabyte.
Disable "Keep DMI Data". Then click on "Update BIOS from Drive" and select your USB stick.
Select the *.f9 file.

That will work just fine :)

The main reason that many people have problems is they follow guides that perhaps don't mirror exactly their own build, sometime some of these small differences will be the difference between a successful build or a really stressful one. Even then, sometimes you can find that different builds sometimes may require something a little different to make them work. As long as you are able to identify these small differences, you should have some understanding of what is required. Take your time and you will have less room for error. The TonyMac community support is great, but it cannot replace a little bit of common sense applied during the course of a Hackintosh build ;)

Adrian B

Hello guys, I'm back.

I've updated my system to 10.8.4, BUT after testing everything again, there is one thing that doesn't work. When the computer sleeps, at wakeup time, the graphics card doesn't wake up.
The card that I'm using is my Gigabyte Radeon HD5770 from my other hackintosh. I'm running it with 2 screens and with AtiConfig=Baboon personality, to enable support for both screens.

The system goes to sleep without problems, but when I press the keyboard to wakeup (or the boot button), the computer boots (fans works, hard disks works...) but both screens are black/blank forever. The only way is to turn of and on the computer.

I don't know if the problem comes from the graphics card or from the mainboard (bios or kext). What do you think?

Ojoavizor, if you have problems updating the bios, just tell me. It's very easy. I did it yesterday.

I've found this post: http://legacy.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=12688&start=10

I will try tonight to force the resolution in my plist file to see if that solves the problem. If not, there is a trick: login with the screen blank (entering password) and suspend the system with the keyboard. If I suspend the system, I can wake up fine. The problem is when the computer goes to sleep after a while without activity.

Hello.

I've tested the boot option for resolution but doesn't work. After suspend, my Radeon HD5770 doesn't work. I'll have to keep trying :(

That will work just fine :)

The main reason that many people have problems is they follow guides that perhaps don't mirror exactly their own build, sometime some of these small differences will be the difference between a successful build or a really stressful one. Even then, sometimes you can find that different builds sometimes may require something a little different to make them work. As long as you are able to identify these small differences, you should have some understanding of what is required. Take your time and you will have less room for error. The TonyMac community support is great, but it cannot replace a little bit of common sense applied during the course of a Hackintosh build ;)

Adrian B

Hi guys,

I had everything ready this afternoon but when I was ready to proceed, I realized that that my Bios software is F10f, the beta version. My motherboard is brand new,. What should I do? Installing F9 will mean to downgrade, Is this a good idea?

Try to see what happens :)
If no, downgrade. My motherboard version is 1.0. If your version is the same, then I think you won't have any problem.

I've seen that Multibeast 5.3.1 have an option in Drivers-Graphics-Intel Graphics Patch for Mixed Configuration. This could help to get integrated graphics card working. If you check it, let me know....

Yees, I got it!!!!!. Everything seems to be working, audio, USB3, etc. Just there is one thing: the fonts. Fonts don´t look smooth, are like pixeled. But I don´t know if this is a problem of my installation or something to be solve within the OS configuration (I´m new in Mac). Any idea?

My Hardware:
- MOTHERBOARD: GA-H77M-D3H Rev.1.1 Bios version F10f
- CM/MCI5 MICRO INTEL CORE I5 3570K 3.4GHz- DDR3 8GB PC3-12800 1600MHZ KINGSTON HYPERX
- HD SSD 240GB SATA 2.5"
- No Graphic Card

What I did:

1 Downgrade Bios to version F9:

Download F9 BIOS from Gigabyte: Make sure that you download the correct version for your Motherboard (Rev.1.0 or Rev 1.1). You can find out which one you have by checking the top left of your board (infront of PCI-e sockets) - thanks to ramonchu for pointing it out to me -
Select the *.f9 file.

2 Follow the Adrian B guide without the last part (don't change Peripherals-Init to PEG):

* Download OSX 10.8.3
* Create your boot pendrive with Unibeast mountain lion
* Update the bios to version F9
* Go to your bios and do this: http://www.tonymacx86.com/99-quick-g...55-boards.html
- Enable AHCI for hard disks
- xHCI mode to auto
- Both hand-off at the botton to Enable
- Init display first to IGFX
- I've also selected my boot device as P0:western digital.....
* Save and reboot
* I've installed OSX with -x option and WITHOUT Radeon my graphics card, that is, I've used the graphics card of the motherboard.
* After install, I've download Multibeast 5.3.1 and I've installed it with the options:
- DSDT free installation
- Drivers - Audio-Universal-VoodooHDA VT2021
- Miscellanious-FakeSMC v5.1.61 and FakeSMC v5.1.61 Plugins (all)
- Network Atheros
* After multibeast, don't reboot. You have to edit /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist and add " dart=0 " to the line "darkwake=0"
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>