Contribute
Register

GA-H67N-USB3-B3 Mini-ITX - or Mini-ITX alternative for 10.7

Status
Not open for further replies.
NielsR said:
I'm really sorry to disturb this thread with this question, but what is "KP"?

Niels

I guess it mean "Kernel Panic".

Oblivion,

Thanks, I misread your original post. Went ahead and ordered 2 Broadcom 4321 native Airport compatible cards off eBay as per my original plans.

With HD2000, I've been able to get till the point in the boot process just before the loginwindow comes up. Ie, in verbose mode, all the kexts load, the grey screen with apple logo comes up in full 1920x1200 resolution which is odd to me (the screen one just before the "linen" backdrop and user list load), and things get stuck there.

NielsR said:
SkipG said:
I have a 24" monitor with DVI input. If I purchase the GA-H67N-USB3-B3 board, will I be able to use an HDMI to DVI cable?

Thanks,
Skip
Yes, you can. This works perfectly.

Cheers,
Niels

weird won't boot for me with hdmi to dvi or vga took me long time to figure that out thought my install was wrong

anybody else got a vga working think chimera 1.5 is not allowing it to work

Oblivion said:
neilhart said:
Oblivion what BIOS version(s) are you running on your Zotac H67ITX-C-E?

With the 03-17-11 BIOS my board is stable on LION 10.7 and 10.7.1 without a DSDT.aml with either a i3 2100 or an i7 2600k. However the 06-10-11 BIOS would boot SL 10.6.8 and run but would not even boot into Lion or the Lion Installer. So I regressed the BIOS and will avoid any updates until someone has a good experience.

neil

I have the opposite experience as the upgrade to Version 2K110610 (from Version 2K110228) killed a running SL 10.6.8 setup, but I could later install Lion directly from a USB stick.
I tested the Version 2K110317, but as it would not run SL 10.6.x either I "ditched" the motherboard and was running Windows 7 on it until Lion was released..

I think the "fact" is that the Zotac H67ITX-C-E simply are allergic to iBoot and Multibeast.
I have been able to install both SL and Lion and as long as I have used something else than iBoot and Multibeast.
Now I uses Chameleon Wizard v3.2.2 / Darwin/x86 boot v5.0.132 - Chameleon v2.1svn r1457 and patched 10.7 kext for audio, network - both integrated and AirPort eXpress (org Apple) works vanilla.
USB 3.0 are the only thing that does not work.

Earlier today I tested the Chimera 1.5.0 and of course it failed with KP.
After disabling audio in BIOS I was able to boot without KP and reinstall the Chameleon bootloader and could enable audio again.
With Chimera 1.5.0 both the integrated network and the AirPort eXtreme was dead.

The Zotac H67ITX-C-E works great when it does, but cannot be recommended for the unexperienced..

PS! Chimera 1.5.0 work on the GA-H67N-USB3-B3 motherboard, and also USB 3.0 works with over 100MB/s with USB 3.0 connected SATA disks..

Instaling Snow Leopard via iBoot - Mouse won't move?
Hi,

I'm installing Snow Leopard on zotac h67itc-c-e by first booting through iBoot and then using a 10.6 retail disk. Basically like the link below.

tonymacx86 Blog: iBoot + MultiBeast: Install Mac OS X on any Intel-based PC

I can get to the installation screen where you choose the hard drive to install too, however I cannot move the mouse! I can use the keyboard but problem is I need to get into Disk Utility to partition the drive.

Any idea's on what to try next?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back