Contribute
Register

GA-H67N-USB3-B3-F5 i3-2100 OS X 10.6.7 = OK

Status
Not open for further replies.
user137 said:
I got as far as this:

GA-H67N-usb3, i3-2100, Loaded Optimized defaults, changed to AHCI, HPET 64-bit, set a 30x multiplier. No matter what I boot (lastly I used iBoot legacy), the stock 10.6.3 DVD gives me the same error message (this) with -x -v

and then in the next lines "system is waiting for root device". :(

any help is appreciated.

could you share on how you install your system? did you follow this tutorial viewtopic.php?p=118210#p118210 or did you use another?

colocolo said:
user137 said:
I got as far as this:

GA-H67N-usb3, i3-2100, Loaded Optimized defaults, changed to AHCI, HPET 64-bit, set a 30x multiplier. No matter what I boot (lastly I used iBoot legacy), the stock 10.6.3 DVD gives me the same error message (this) with -x -v

and then in the next lines "system is waiting for root device". :(

any help is appreciated.

could you share on how you install your system? did you follow this tutorial viewtopic.php?p=118210#p118210 or did you use another?

yip followed to the letter.

"1. activate and connect onboard graphics, set multiplier to 30x in BIOS, set all CPU powermgt features to enabled rather than auto, set all voltages to normal (?) rather than auto, HPET 64-bit, AHCI...
2. boot with iBoot legacy
3. install 10.6.3 retail in safe mode"

this is how far I've gotten with the output above. I tried busratio=29 as well, tried with -x -v and -x -v -busratio=29 switches as well, to the same result. the one i posted happened with busratio=30 with an iBoot Legacy + "-x -v" boot flags.

hmmm...well i installed mine from an 8GB usb so i didnt switch any disc (the iboot legacy stays in the drive) and i didnt set any busratio, try again with iboot legacy with no flags and see if it works :think:

colocolo said:
hmmm...well i installed mine from an 8GB usb so i didnt switch any disc (the iboot legacy stays in the drive) and i didnt set any busratio, try again with iboot legacy with no flags and see if it works :think:

I've been through this countless times, with no luck. iBoot 3.1, iBoot legacy, no flags, yes flags, -x -v.... it always gets stuck on errors about AppleRTL8169Ethernet probehardware(), then "still waiting for root device" in an endless loop, -x gets me there more slowly :p the GUI gets stuck in boot grey screen with a "no waiting" sign on it.

AHCI mode, HPET 64 bit, priority on external videocard, using the blue SATA ports.

I have to add I tried with Intel HD2000 first. I have an asus 8600GTS lying arond that worked 100% in another hackintosh, I tried that as well with the same results. it boots correctly, seeing the VGA is Geforce 8600, then gets stuck at the same exact spot. :(

I was on F5 BIOS, tried downgrading to F4, but to no better results.

It is very frustrating to hear you guys doing the install and me not getting absolutely anywhere - even can't get to the god**mn boot screen.

what is this "Still waiting for root device" thing? i must be overlooking something - but what on earth?!?

2011-07-31%25252019.05.32.jpg

user137 said:
I've been through this countless times, with no luck. iBoot 3.1, iBoot legacy, no flags, yes flags, -x -v.... it always gets stuck on errors about AppleRTL8169Ethernet probehardware(), then "still waiting for root device" in an endless loop, -x gets me there more slowly :p the GUI gets stuck in boot grey screen with a "no waiting" sign on it.

AHCI mode, HPET 64 bit, priority on external videocard, using the blue SATA ports.

I have to add I tried with Intel HD2000 first. I have an asus 8600GTS lying arond that worked 100% in another hackintosh, I tried that as well with the same results. it boots correctly, seeing the VGA is Geforce 8600, then gets stuck at the same exact spot. :(

I was on F5 BIOS, tried downgrading to F4, but to no better results.

It is very frustrating to hear you guys doing the install and me not getting absolutely anywhere - even can't get to the god**mn boot screen.

what is this "Still waiting for root device" thing? i must be overlooking something - but what on earth?!?

reading through the other threads suggest that either check your SATA cables, change your setup to a USB setup instead (in case the problem originate from your DVD Drive) or try another version of iboot legacy :think: could you write down the full spec of your rig?

colocolo said:
reading through the other threads suggest that either check your SATA cables, change your setup to a USB setup instead (in case the problem originate from your DVD Drive) or try another version of iboot legacy :think: could you write down the full spec of your rig?

that's what I thought as well, but it's stupid, isn't it? a DVD drive is a DVD drive... why does it stop in the middle of the reading process? the HDD is a WD Scorpio Blue 320GB SATA unit, but remember I'm booting from the DVD, so why would it need the HDD at that point without first booting up?

I was thinking about the BIOS Integrated Peripherals page, where under SATA mode (set to AHCI) there is a "Native Mode" Enabled/Disabled switch, and what it does I can't really tell...

nevertheless I got an 8G pendrive today and I'll try restoring Lion onto that from USB and see for a clean install how far I can get. I'll keep you guys posted.

Did you get the Intel HD Graphics 2000 working?

:beachball: Sorry I have been away from this thread for so long.

To be honest I haven't had lots of time and with Lion on the horizon I decided to spare my efforts and I am now waiting --lazy as I am-- for Tony's plug & play HD2000/3000 solution. :cool:

I did have a go at trying to install Lion on my other rig (H55) but as flawless as it works with SL, my HD4850 turns out to be a huge obstacle in getting there; perhaps time for a change once the Sandy Bridge is up and running.

Where I did succeed was in ordering a bunch of Apple bluetooth modules and solder my own receivers as per this thread: viewtopic.php?f=76&t=14836 ; this enabled selecting the OS in chameleon thus getting rid of that awful USB keyboard. Once I am back on track with Lion I am going to allow myself a Magic trackpad! :lolno:

Sorry for the Asus boys & girls out there but looking at the progress with Intel HD graphics it does seem Gigabyte turns out to still be the way to go doesn't it? :wave:

Right, I was able to install SL on my system, but after the 10.6.8 update, my system boots from the SSD, I see the Apple logo and then I get no video.
Lights are on, caps lock works, but my monitor goes on power save mode.
I tried powering on & off the monitor, unplugging the DVI cable, nothing works.

I used the method described here: viewtopic.php?f=81&t=26900

And I have the following components:
Core i3-2130
4Gb Gskill ddr3
Sapphire 5570 1Gb low profile
Samsung 470 128Gb SSD
Samsung DVD writer (slim)
Wesena ITX6 case
Dell 3008WFP monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back