Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z68MX-UD2H F12
CPU
i5 2500K
Graphics
HD 3000
Hi everyone,

I've started the journey of building my own Customac Mini, using the guides as a template. I'm using the recommended GA-H67N-USB3-B3 motherboard, along with an Intel i5-2500K processor.

I've got the motherboard and processor hooked up correctly (I think); when I power it on the BIOS screen pops up (I can also enter the BIOS menu and change settings, etc.). The HDD is recognized but is blank and I haven't gotten to the point of installing anything on it yet.

My problem is audio ... specifically right after I power it on (right when the BIOS screen pops up), I get tremendous audio static/snow. FWIW I am connecting to my monitor using an HDMI cable, and the monitor does include speakers.

Is this normal? It continues into the boot sequence (continuing after it tells me that no OS can be found, etc.). Since I don't have an OS installed yet I can't determine if this will go away once it starts to load an OS.

I've searched and searched but haven't found anyone report this problem before. Any ideas?

Your hdac is screwed up. If anything should normally be staticy, it would be an analog connection to the computer. But, because you are using hdmi, which encodes and decodes the audio, there should be little if not no feedback. I suggest you return to manufacturer or place of purchase, whichever you may need to do, and get a new board cuz there is no way to get around that. You will have to use tony's hdmi audio patches for hd graphics too, if you plan on using AppleHDA. But, if you use VoodooHDA, which can be very shoddy, you get plug and play functionality with hdmi audio.

Skonig said:
Hi everyone,

I've started the journey of building my own Customac Mini, using the guides as a template. I'm using the recommended GA-H67N-USB3-B3 motherboard, along with an Intel i5-2500K processor.

I've searched and searched but haven't found anyone report this problem before. Any ideas?
Take a look at this thread http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=168&t=33412. Read the first two posts and the last couple of pages. Your first priority is get to a bootable system. You'll get the benefit of many experienced users very familiar with your configuration when you read and post there.

Update: after switching the output from HDMI-1 to HDMI-2, the snow/static sound went away. I was able to proceed with the Lion installation using UniBeast, updated with the tuneup kit (viewtopic.php?f=168&t=33412), and HDMI audio is working great!

I will post a separate thread with my specs and status, but so far, so good!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back