Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Other
GA-H67MA-USB3-B3 Mountain Lion build [Success]

Hi!

Some not hardware purchased to my university working place and tried to install Mountain Lion build, but I have issues that cannot solve by myself. So I need community help. Here build information:

1. M/b Gigabyte GA-H67MA-USB3-B3, BIOS F6
2. CPU Core i3-2130
3. 4Gb RAM
4. HDD 500 Gb, Hitachi Deskstar 7K1000.D HDS721050DLE630 (SATA 6Gbit/s, Advanced Format)
5. ASUS GeForce 9600GT, 512M
6. PS/2 Keyboard
7. USB laser mouse

Seems that this Giga/GF9600 build should work flawlessly, but highlighted ones options are produced some issues.

Sequence of my actions:
1. I've created 10.8.0 install USB stick with UniBeast 1.5.3. Checked option 'Laptop support' - without this I have no keyboard support during install and first (USB-based) boot.
2. Booted, partitioned HDD into two 250 Gb partitions (labelled ML and DATA).
3. Performed installation step (keyboard working)
4. Rebooted, again booted from USB stick choosing fresh ML partition, finished installation (keyboard still working).
5. Put DSDT.aml for my M/b (got it here) on desktop
6. Run MultiBeast 5.0.2. Choosed following options:
a) User DSDT of DSDT-Free Installation
b) Without DSDT / ALC889
c) Disk / 3rd Party SATA
d) Network / Lnx2 Mac's RealtekRTL81xx Ethernet
e) Miscellaneous / PS/2 Keyboards/Mice and trackpads

Problem No 1:
Immediately after MultiBeast run my keyboard went down. Following reboot from USB (you'll se why not from HDD below) changed nothing - cannot enter password, have to reinstall (even removing requirements to login with password cannot help - to change kexts or re-running MultiBeast will require password for rights elevation).

I've tried complete reinstall ML without including (e). It did not help :( Scenario almost the same. Installing - keyboard working, first boot from USB to ML partition and finalizing installation+MultiBeast - keyboard working. Second boot from USB to finalized ML - no keyboard. I can experiment more, but it cost me 1 reinstall per attempt and don't know what to do - I've tried with ApplePS2Controller.kext (and second kext that MultyBeast placed - just did not remember its name) and without. It did not hepled. Interesting, how UniBeast handles this? So need advice, because without solving this i have no chance to fix Problem No 2.

Problem No 2:
boot0: GPT
boot0: test
boot0: GPT
boot0: error

My HDD is not large, but unfortunately is Advanced Format :( If I am right viewtopic.php?f=168&t=61081 could help me, (am I right?), but I cannot check it without Problem No 1 resolution.

Question: if (after) this is fixed, will sleep mode work?

Please, help.

Can you just get a usb keyboard? You can get them for like $7 or borrow one.
Don't use install as laptop.

This is Occam Razor solution, and probably I should use it. Sorry for excessicve curiosity ;)

Pls, do not close this thread, probably I'll have more questions while fixing Advanced Format issues and trying to get system 100% working.

Thank you for reply, Fwiler!

GA-H67MA-USB3-B3 Mountain Lion build [Success]

Ok, I was not able to resolve issue with PS/2 keyboard, so I've grabbed USB one for $5 and closed questions. All seems working almost flowlessly, including power management. GeekBench 32bit score is 7162. Just several issues:

1. Slow boot! After boot loader started I see gray screen with rolling wheel. I see it during 20-25 seconds till first HDD access and booting continuing. What the heck he can do this time, till starting to load OS from HDD? Is there ways to debug and resolve this?

2. I need to have 3 input languages in system. Issue that unfortunately I'm using 17" CRT monitor with relatively low resulution (1024x768 or maximum 1152 to have reasonable refresh rate and don't kill my eyes). After most of programs started their menu and input language menu cannot fit, so language flag disappered. Having 3 langs and frequently working with docs this is issue. Is there a way to keep indicator at place always? Please, don't propose to grab cheap TFT - unfortunately I have no ablities and funds for this.

3. Is there a ways to edit keyboard layouts? Some keys in Ukrainian layout do not fit letters on keyboard and do not appear where they should. This is unusual and frustrating.

Still have minor questions, but this is definitely Success

Hi ...
Hope you can help me ....

I have basically a similar setup as yours with this differences ....
a: i use the ga h67ma usb3 F8(biso version) stock video chip (intel HD 3000)
b: i have a two monitor setup (vga+dvi)
c: i have an i7 2600k

the install goes flawlessy including multibeast (i downloaded the dsdt file and put on the desktop )
but i can see something on the dvi monitor only if i issue a -x command as far as i can see the ethernet is ok
and i can go on internet ....If not i can see a white screen and the spinning wheel (forever)

Can you give me a clue (such as what you include in multibeast install ?)

I feel i can grasp the surface of ML so please help !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back