1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello again,
I’ve just built a machine using the following core components:

Intel Core i5-2500K 3.3GHz Quad Core Processor
Gigabyte GA-H67M-D2-B3 revision 1.1 Socket 1155 Motherboard
4GB Corsair XMS3 1333MHz DDR3 Dual Channel Memory Kit

and promptly installed Lion thereon using the Unibeast bootable USB install method.

The whole process was remarkably fuss-free, so hats off to Tony and co for producing such brilliant apps and easy-to-follow guides! :)

Strangely enough, the only problems I had with this was when I used the DSDT function of MultiBeast post-installation: this seemed to send everything awry and so I just reinstalled Lion afresh and it’s all working again: even the inbuilt HD300 graphics and onboard Realtek Ethernet card seem to have been recognised without further intervention. The only problems I have is an "Unable to verify your account or device. Contact customer support for further information" error message and the need to boot from the USB stick .

This is my first hackintosh build so I’d be very grateful for any advice as to what may be going wrong. I only took delivery of the parts and built the machine yesterday and haven’t had that much time to familiarise myself with everything, so please forgive me if similar has been answered elsewhere.
Is there something I could have missed to cause this boot oroblem, and are there some post-installation steps I really ought to take?

Any advice would be most appreciated

Thanks again

Prole

PS. I've attached a screenshot of the 'about this mac' info...

Attachments

• Lion.jpg
    Lion.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 262
I know you followed the UniBeast guide but did you follow or find a guide related to your mobo to set up Multibeast with?
Did you run Multibeast and set up the bootloader?

eelhead said:
I know you followed the UniBeast guide but did you follow or find a guide related to your mobo to set up Multibeast with?
No, but I'll have a look at some today, then, and read the guide you mentioned.

eelhead said:
Did you run Multibeast and set up the bootloader?

Not the second time I installed in case it messed up again but I will try again. Should I use the DSDT function, or just try another part of it? The fact that Lion seemed to recognise the graphics, etc., made me think I might not have needed it.

I didn't realise there was any configuration of bootloaders to do, but i'll look that up now too.
Thanks again for the help, it's much appreciated. :)

Hello again, Eelhead.

Many thanks for your help yesterday!
I read the guide you provided and found and read the PDF included with multi-beast, too. This was honestly something I'd overlooked in my rush to get it sorted but I've now familiarised myself with everything in it. I then reinstalled Lion and ran multi-beast with the correct settings: i.e. just Easy Beast and System Utilities as the guide you provided suggested. This sorted out my boot loader and allowed me to boot off the hard drive but it soon became apparent that the network drivers were no longer installed. I then used the advice in the PDF and installed the correct network driver using Multi-Beast, and rebooted. Everything seemed okay again except that the graphics reverted to just 64 MB graphics which I assume is what theGraphicsEnabler=No flag does. I then read some more and re-checked the user DSDT file that caused me all the problems yesterday and lo and behold I'd also downloaded one for a motherboard with a slightly different model name so that may have been what caused all the initial problems. Anyway, applying the new DSDT file finally sorted everything out and Lion is running flawlessly again.
Thanks a lot for the help: I'm really pleased with the way Lion's running and reading all that stuff has had the added bonus of making me a lot more comfortable with all this.
Thanks again.
Cheers
:-D
Prole.

Thanks! :-D I love that MultiBeast App: I just installed Windows 7 and reconstructed the boot loader by running Multibeast again and it recognised Windows on the new drive and added it to the boot options. Very impressive. Thanks again for all the help. :D
Oh, incidentally, I may as well ask while I'm here. I can now use the app store etc OK but its 'Find my Mac' function requires a recovery partition. Am I likely to mess up everything if I follow the instructions here http://dmitry-dulepov.com/article/mac-recovery-partion-revisited.html and then just run MultiBeast again?
Any advice would be really appreciated.

Thanks again

Prole

Please ignore that last post: on reading further, I think the instructions assume that the installation already has a recovery partition and I'm not sure IF one was created in this method. I'll keep searching these forums for something more specific to Chimera / multiBeast installs and recovery partitions before I go any further

I am building the exact same configuration:

Intel Core i5-2500K Processor
Gigabyte GA-H67M-D2-B3 revision 1.1 (BIOS F4) Motherboard
4GB Kingston 1333MHz DDR3

I too had a problem that after the Lion installation, I couldn't get it to boot to the Hard Drive. I re-installed Lion, and just did a userDSDT install and rebooted. Then I went back into MultiBeast and installed everything else (Audio, Network, etc) and I am now running on a clean install very smoothly.

Next up is updating to 10.7.2.

I successfully updated to 10.7.2 without any problems.

My only issue now with my Lion install is that after waking from sleep, the mouse/keyboard don't work. I have to unplug and plug them back in and everything works perfectly.

Any ideas on why?

Again, many thanks for this site and the hard work behind all these utilities.

Hi Jacrider.
I've only just noticed your reply so please forgive the delay if it was aimed at me.:(

I'm sorry, I'm not experienced enough to offer any help on that problem but my build only wakes up if I use the keyboard - moving the mouse has no effect.
Hope you've managed to get it sorted now, though, and sorry once again for having missed this.

PS. I think I updated to 10.7.2 virtually straight off so maybe that's sorted it out if you've done that..

Incidentally, I'm just browsing these forums again because I'm considering downgrading to Snow Leopard as Lion won't run some of my apps but I'm assuming that I'll need to buy a graphics card first if I do...
Cheers

Prole

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back