Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I am going crazy. Using the DSDT for my mobo type from the site. Everything works fine except my gtx460. Well I found a guy with the CODE for my gtx 460 to add to the DSDT.AML file. For the life of me I cannot find where to put the code to override the Default values of whatever GFX card the DSDT file I download has as default. I am assuming it has ATI values considering the SANDY Builds are all ATI cards...

Please forgive me, I know the answer is here somewhere... I can't find it!! :eek: I have tried other Nvidia GFX fixes to no avail. I only have 1024x768 resolution and no GFX acceleration. I suck, Im sorry, this is my first Build and this is my last step.....

~Jerry :crazy:

You are running almost the same motherboard as me, what did you do for audio enabling? Also, what about ethernet?

TheChes44 said:
You are running almost the same motherboard as me, what did you do for audio enabling? Also, what about ethernet?

I downloaded the dsdt for my board. I put it on my desktop. I installed update 10.6.8. I used multiboot and installed............. Damn I'm a little :beachball: 420 :beachball: :ugeek: right now. I will check in the morning and tell you...... :mrgreen: :lol: :eek:

I somehow fixed mine. This is what I did. I feel it was a combination of 3 things. You need to download the nvidia and cuda drivers at the same time, do NOT reset in between them, or it will not work. Also, go into the com.apple.plst and do this :

adding the following to your com.apple.Boot.plist:

<key>PCIRootUID</key>
<string>1</string>

Then remove the NetworkInterfaces.plist and reboot

This made my nvidia card read perfectly, and it even changed the resolution, its beautiful, but I have not tried it on anything, I am too scared to. lol

TheChes44 said:
I somehow fixed mine. This is what I did. I feel it was a combination of 3 things. You need to download the nvidia and cuda drivers at the same time, do NOT reset in between them, or it will not work. Also, go into the com.apple.plst and do this :

adding the following to your com.apple.Boot.plist:

<key>PCIRootUID</key>
<string>1</string>

Then remove the NetworkInterfaces.plist and reboot

This made my nvidia card read perfectly, and it even changed the resolution, its beautiful, but I have not tried it on anything, I am too scared to. lol

DUDE!! Ima try it right now! thanx a bunch!

Hey theChes44 You got links to the specific DRIVERS you downloaded? Having trouble finding links... Thanx!!

:headbang:

TheChes44 said:
http://www.nvidia.com/object/macosx-cuda-4.0.19-driver.html

Did everything you said. EXCEPT! When I go to install the Nvidia drivers it says, This computer will not support this NVIDIA graphics solution."

The Cuda installs fine. I edited my plist and deleted the network plist... rebooted... NOTHING... :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back