Contribute
Register

GA-H67M-D2-B3-based board lost HD3000 graphics and now hangs at "Loading Operating System ..." - any

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Z68AP-D2-B3 (Revision 2)
CPU
i5 2500K
Graphics
1GB DDR 3 MSI R6450
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi
Ive had a Gigabyte GA-H67M-Based machine for around a year now and have just upgraded the Momentus XT Hard Drive thereon to a Samsung 830 SSD. However, when installing Mountain Lion on to this new drive, I was a bit puzzled to note that it wouldn't recognise the HD 300 graphics I use on this machine. This puzzled me because they were running OK on the Momentus XT drive which was still in there and booting on to that drive confirmed this. Thinking this was a Mountain Lion problem, I tried to install Lion instead on the new drive but even though the install would correctly report the HD3000 right off, whenever I installed Chimera or any of the boot or other options in MultiBeast, graphics would revert back to the standard 64 MB kind indicative of no card/kexts being installed and the relevant section of system preferences would confirm this. I tried with numerous versions of MultiBeast right back to 393 (and different permutations of the options therein) thinking that the newer versions may not inject the device ID of the HD 3000 into Lion's default graphics drivers as Chimera 1.5 (I think) does, but none of them worked and any usage of MultiBeast just caused this reversion to default graphics.
Anyway, this went on for a while until the system eventually gave up booting altogether and now just hangs at "Loading Operating System … " It returns this whatever boot method I use (Mountain Lion USB, Lion USB, Windows CD-ROM etc) and so I've tried clearing the CMOS and reflashing my BIOS but to no avail.

I've also added a Geforce 210 and told the BIOS to look for that first but the problem persists.

Anybody have any ideas what's causing this? The only thing I can think of is that the motherboard's giving up the ghost and these problems are just the earliest manifestations of this.

Any advice would be most appreciated

Cheers

Prole

Incidentally, I've also noticed the following at POST if this helps shed any light on things:

CPUID: 000206A7 PATCH ID: 00000025

Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back