Consair 4gb RAM
Rosewill 500W PSU
Nvidia 9600GT GPU

I have been using this guide
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=15537

After installing OSX, there are a couple of problems that I am facing

1. I cannot get sound to work properly, it sounds really choppy

2. Network will not work, I have tried rtl8xx among others with no luck

3. I cannot boot without iBoot legacy. I'm using chameleon 2.0RC5 for sandy bridge, but still nothing. If I try to boot without iBoot, I get to the screen where you select the OS, after selecting OSX the computer reboots about two seconds later

4. Sometimes when I connect or disconnect something (USB drive or one of the monitors) the computer will restart. Is there something wrong with my mobo? Is anyone else having this problem?

If anyone could help me with any of these I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you

Have a look at the following guide. Slightly different board P67, faster CPU and different VGA (ati 5770), but the concept is still the same for SANDY BRIDGE. Hope it helps, good luck.
viewtopic.php?f=79&t=16277

Thanks for the response. I tried that guide, but I ended up with the same results. Could it be that my mobo is faulty? I installed Windows and it's doing the same thing. If I connect or disconnect a monitor, the computer attempts to restart, sometimes when I connect a USB the computer attempts restart, and even if I'm not doing anything the computer still attempts to restarts :banghead: The odd thing is that after the computer turns off and attempts to turn back on, it doesn't even post. What do you guys think?

Im going to RMA the motherboard. Ill get back to you guys and report my results with the new mobo.

I have the same motherboard. It has sometimes some really weird power-on behavior, with not POSTing until after I reset it 2-3 times, or sometimes I have to turn the power off completely and start again. But after it starts it will keep going without any of your issues. Win7 and Linux work without any problems, OSX works too after a fashion.

networking works with the rtl81xx kext included in multibeast.

Sound works as per my post viewtopic.php?f=16&t=15916&start=10

Boots fine with chameleon 2.0rc5-build709

I'd say it's a smart move to RMA your motherboard. I'm not too happy with mine also as it has hibernation issues, and the Gigabyte tech support is completely incompetent as they lack the elementary comprehension needed to understand what my problem is (computer wakes up from hibernation by itself) and keep me running in circles according to their scripts ("have you rebooted" again and again, and "what is the CPU temperature" again and again - that's room temperature, since the system was powered off for some time).

Looking forward to getting a Z68 board when available. Probably not Gigabyte.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back