Contribute
Register

GA-H61N-USB3 'MacMini' OS Lion Installation Problem ????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
OS X 10.10.1
CPU
Intel Core i7 4.0 GHZ Haswell
Graphics
GeForce GTX 570 2560 MB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I'm working on my 2nd Hackintosh Built, after the 1st one turned out to work very well for me. This time however it's turning out to be somewhat of a nightmare. I decided to buy the GigaByte H61N-USB3 Mainboard, as recommended on this site. When booting from the USB Stick, I do get to the point where I see the Unibeast and my 'USB' logo. After choosing the USB logo the installer should come up, but it doesn't. The screen sometimes shows for a short second the grey Apple screen/or it doesen't, then turns black and the computer is automatically rebooting. Alternative, I tried installed the OS Lion on the Mac Mini HD on my other Hackintosh, then took the HD and plugged at into my Mac Mini Built, here the computer starts up, but get's stuck at the grey Apple screen. So this did not work out as well. Any tips on fixing this problem are highly appreciated. :eek:

GA-H61N- USB 3
Intel i5 3.1 GHz
128 Solid State Samsung
8 GIG Cosair 1333 MHZ RAM

whitesaab said:
I'm working on my 2nd Hackintosh Built, after the 1st one turned out to work very well for me. This time however it's turning out to be somewhat of a nightmare. I decided to buy the GigaByte H61N-USB3 Mainboard, as recommended on this site. When booting from the USB Stick, I do get to the point where I see the Unibeast and my 'USB' logo. After choosing the USB logo the installer should come up, but it doesn't. The screen sometimes shows for a short second the grey Apple screen/or it doesen't, then turns black and the computer is automatically rebooting. Alternative, I tried installed the OS Lion on the Mac Mini HD on my other Hackintosh, then took the HD and plugged at into my Mac Mini Built, here the computer starts up, but get's stuck at the grey Apple screen. So this did not work out as well. Any tips on fixing this problem are highly appreciated. :eek:

GA-H61N-USB3
Intel i5 3.1 GHz
128 Solid State Samsung
8 GIG Corsair 1333 MHZ RAM

Are you using the Core i5-2400 CPU? If so you have a problem since the HD2000 CPU graphics is not supported under Lion.

In such a case you must either add a supported graphics card such as a Nvidia GT210/GT220 or replace your CPU with one that has HD3000 graphics, which means one of Core i3-2105, Core i3-2125, Core i5-2405S, Core i5-2500K, Core i7-2600K or Core i7-2700K. I would suggest the first solution.

Ahhh ! Thanks. Just ordered the i5 2500K,since I have no space to install any Graphics card in the case I choose for my Built.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back