HD4000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi
I've been running a Hack Mini GA-H61N-USB3/i3 2105 combo successfully for a few months now and decided that it was time to up the ante with the new support for Ivy Bridge processors, so I got an i7 3770, upgraded the mobo's bios to the latest F8 which includes Ivy support, checked all settings (AHCI STAT, Quick Boot disabled, HDD S.M.A.R.T Enabled, HPET 64-bit), unplugged everything except primary SSD, processor and one 4GB RAM stick but the problem I am having is unibeast/bridgehelper gets stuck at 'Still waiting for root device.'

I've tried booting with flags -s -x GraphicsEnabler=No PCIRootUID=1 and a couple of others I can't remember..

Does anyone have any advice for me? From what I had read I thought I would be safe to just plug and play with an Ivy Bridge CPU in this board

Any help is much appreciated! :)

Hi,

Dont think so can work in Ivy Bridge processor..even before u boot up also have problem...anyway either u wait better support bios or change motherboard

mhchan2002 said:
Hi,

Dont think so can work in Ivy Bridge processor.

My Motherboard/BIOS support Ivy Bridge, and I had the Hackintosh working before so I think there should be some way to get it to work.

Hoping someone with a similar setup can give me some advice

Intel HD4000 not supported at this time.
You will need a graphics card for the moment.

Okay, is the lack of support for HD4000 the reason for the still waiting for root device' problem? Or is that from something else

I'm planning the same upgrade so I'm interested in learning the outcome of this. But I will probably pair it with a graphics card.

mitch9294 said:
Okay, is the lack of support for HD4000 the reason for the still waiting for root device' problem? Or is that from something else

I don't think so. There have been reports of people running IB chips with on-board graphics and even using the HD4000 with GE=off, so that's not it. More likely you need to try different USB ports and/or SATA ports, I would guess.

I tried all the USB ports (front & rear) and both SATA ports on the motherboard but I have only tried the one flash drive - but that same drive worked fine with the old processor.
I'll try removing the front USB ports and post back

I thought GE=No would solve it for me but the problem must be arising elsewhere.

I bet the solution is just some flag or BIOS setting I'm missing :|

Nuts. I'm a first-timer and I managed to think that these parts were the most stable / easiest, when I bought it all. -And I had been on this site first, it was the reason I decided to try to make a hackintosh.

If it's any use, I can get Snow Leopard on OK (to my eye) but then the 10.6.8. combo update screws it. Lion (via Unibeast) never really gets anywhere... I think its getting stuck at the Apple Intel CPU Power jeeby (didnt write that down...)

GA H61N F8
i5 3450
4 Gb DDR3 1333Mhz (another 4Gb stick ready to put in after install)
500 GB Seagate Barracuda 7200 SATA3
samsung SH222BB DVD writer SATA

I'm kinda out-of-my-depth with stuff like AHCI meaning I cant 'see' my harddrive or dvd from the BIOS, and yet I've installed a Snowleopard disk in that dvd, to that drive! But I swear even altering all the boot priority, or using F12, it never seems to boot off the DVD now.
I burned a Linux mint cinnamon install disk (along with my friends rBoot disk ) that I have yet to see boot at all... and yet I must have had it working at the start to get my iBoot disk to do anything, to then be able to use my Snowleopard disk ??!

So I guess the short answer is trying to downgrade to a Sandybridge cpu by swapping with some lucky friend?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back