Contribute
Register

GA-H61M-USB3-B3 LGA 1155 H61 mATX Intel Motherboard [SOLVED]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok hoping someone can help me with one last issue I am having. I have searched high and low but can't find anything.

I also have the mobo ga-h61m-usb3-b3 (rev2). I have tried system definitions MacPro5.1 and macmini 5.1. Everything works great on either except the sleep then wake function. Sleep is not an issue. But wake is. Seems as though everything powers up except there is no video signal. Then have to hard reset PC. This is using my gigabyte nvidia 9600GT card. I have tried darkwake=0, darkwake=no and darkwake=1 kernel flags but no diff. Also tried PCIRootUID=1 but no diff. This is driving me crazy! I am running Lion 10.7.2 installed via usb Unibeast method. I am using the DSDT from tonymacx86 and have even modded it to include the PEGP + GFX0 devices with reference to my GeForce 9600GT (took this from the working dsdt I made for my last pc being a ASUS P5QPro).

The one small successfully step forward is I got the sleep/wake function working 100% ok by removing the 9600GT card and then using the hdmi out of mobo making use of the HD3000 on my Core i5 2500K. USing the HD3000 = 100% function hackmac. But I would really like to get the system waking using my Nvidia card as it still beats the HD3000 by far.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Paul.

luthepa1 said:
Ok hoping someone can help me with one last issue I am having. I have searched high and low but can't find anything.

I also have the mobo ga-h61m-usb3-b3 (rev2). I have tried system definitions MacPro5.1 and macmini 5.1. Everything works great on either except the sleep then wake function. Sleep is not an issue. But wake is. Seems as though everything powers up except there is no video signal. Then have to hard reset PC. This is using my gigabyte nvidia 9600GT card. I have tried darkwake=0, darkwake=no and darkwake=1 kernel flags but no diff. Also tried PCIRootUID=1 but no diff. This is driving me crazy! I am running Lion 10.7.2 installed via usb Unibeast method. I am using the DSDT from tonymacx86 and have even modded it to include the PEGP + GFX0 devices with reference to my GeForce 9600GT (took this from the working dsdt I made for my last pc being a ASUS P5QPro).

The one small successfully step forward is I got the sleep/wake function working 100% ok by removing the 9600GT card and then using the hdmi out of mobo making use of the HD3000 on my Core i5 2500K. USing the HD3000 = 100% function hackmac. But I would really like to get the system waking using my Nvidia card as it still beats the HD3000 by far.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Paul.

FYI - I got it working! with NVidia card. Had to change one option in BIOS to say enable the onboard video even if external PEG video found (my 9600gt PCIe card). Normally its set to disable onboard video if external PCIe card found. So now sleep and wake work perfectly with video signal whether I am using the on CPU HD3000 or my 9600GT NVidia card.

But now that I got video posting I have found there is one last issue. After sleep then wake the USB devices are not working, like my mac keyboard, until you disconnect and then reconnect. I see other have this issue of having to unplug/replug usb devices to wake them up after coming out of sleep. This is only for waking the PC using the keyboard/mouse/usb device. If you only use the power button on the PC case then sleep and wake work 100% fine with restoring power to the usb devices. So at least I am not empty handed.

Not sure if there has been a fix or anything for this wake from keyboard issue?

could you suggest a fix to my alc889 issues? i installed 10.7.2 but i can't get audio outputs. System profiler only displays intel high definition audio but the audio settings don't have output devices to select :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back