Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
As has been suggested to get audio working, I followed the instructions in:
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=19468

I did the kext wipe, kext utility repair permissions, but when I reboot, in System Report I still show one blank Intel Audio 892, but the one filled with stuff is gone. I have zero output options in system pref.

Then I go into Multibeast 4.1 and choose:
- system utilities
- ALC8xxHDA
- AppleHDA Rollback
- ALC892 (in Non-DSDT HDAEnabler)

do another repair permissions and reboot I show the audio options in system profile and in system preferences, but the blank Intel Audio 892 is still there and I get no sound.

My system specs are to the left.

I've searched the system for anything else with HDA in it and can't find a thing.

The other odd thing is I had audio working perfectly until a few days ago when the system froze (with audio playing) and I had to reboot. Since then nothing.

Another quick note:

My itunes won't load and I can't reinstall it.

When I try to boot iTunes I get error (-200) "The Itunes application could not be opened"

When I try to install it, I get the installer error, install could not be completed. I assume this is related to my audio problem but I really have no idea.

Please help me get sound back.

Anyone have any ideas, please help me, no sound or itunes is pretty annoying.

Thanks

Yes I'm very happy with the setup, runs quickly, sleep, reboot, shutdown all work, video in HD looks good, and sound used to work well.

That's really my only issue, any have any ideas, I see this has plenty of views but no responses.

You had the issue of 2 sound profiles showing up and one still remaining after you deleted kexts?

Also does anyone have any ideas as far as itunes goes?

Also followed guides, deleted kext's rebooting, always same result. either nothing in the audio or I get two Intel HD audio with blank information.
Sometimes the first one is blank and second one has information in it, still no sound though.

ALC892 on the asusp8z68-vpro

:beachball:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back