2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi

Long time lurker, not much poster.
Been a hackintosh fan for some time now.
I also have a Dell Inspiron 1525 running OS 10.5.x which I use for work daily -

I've now built up a new Hackintosh based on the specs of the BBG v2 that just came out - its a 'medium' spec machine ; thus ;

GA-H55M-USB3
Sapphire 5770
Intel i5 760
Kingston 4gb DDR3 2k
WD 1tb Blue
Coolermaster Centurion 5
Pioneer DVD
Mac Keyboard + MS Mouse (LOL)
OSX 10.6.5

I tried using the ISOs to perform the 10.6.0 build from my Apple OSX DVD but to no avail - boot but not get very far. After a bit more research I went thru and got my BIOS settings right, grabbed iBoot and Multibeast, and now with LNX2MACs RTL8111 fix I have a working Hackintosh - is great!

Cinebench OpenGL 19.94fps
Cinebench CPU 2.25pts
Geekbench Score 4179

Many thanks to everyone for their hard work to make this such a workable solution.

Of note, one thing that didn't work out for me too well, was running Multibeast (leaving it open) while installing the 10.6.5 Combo update. I had to run the Combo update and then boot using iBoot back into the OS, then ran Multibeast and all was well.

Namaste

note........both DVI outputs work on the 5770 as well - running 2 x 19" Samsung Syncmaster in 1280x1024.

Also my board revision is v2.0

I'm using the F10 DSDT as well for the GA-H55M-USB3

Hello

I'm running the same motherboard and cpu with a palit GTX 460 1GB OC.

system seems to be ok so far, only booted last night.

I have been unable to connect to the internet via ethernet tho, I have lnx2mac latest realtek drivers, but its not working.

Can you guide me through the Ethernet Internet set-up process, please, I would really appreciate it.

I would also like to give a shout-out to tonay and all the guys on here, you are great people, a true credit to the community, thank you.

ah - network. I had some issues
I tried the RTL10000 via multibeast and it did not work for me.
I then used the RTL8169 which did, on reboot, it disappeared and it took my machine something like 10 minutes to boot up.
I then used lnx2mac's RTL81111 driver which applied but it still didn't work. At this time though I'd mucked around with the IONetworkingFamily.kext, so ;
I removed the IONetworkingFamily.kext file
Re-applied the 10.6.5 Combo updated
Booted with iBoot and then fired up my Mac OS from within iBoot
Reapplied lnx2mac's RTL81111 driver, rebooted again and, all was well for me.

The other thing of note for me. After reboot my screens 'mirror' each other even though mirroring is not enabled :D

In 'About this Mac'

My RAM speed reports as 1333mhz and not 1600mhz (which the board supports) - its 2000mhz RAM :)

My CPU reports as 1.86ghz even though its 2.80ghz - Geekbench gets it right though as does Cinebench.

I think these are issues that can be corrected in smbios.plist.

psyolent said:
ah - network. I had some issues
I tried the RTL10000 via multibeast and it did not work for me.
I then used the RTL8169 which did, on reboot, it disappeared and it took my machine something like 10 minutes to boot up.
I then used lnx2mac's RTL81111 driver which applied but it still didn't work. At this time though I'd mucked around with the IONetworkingFamily.kext, so ;
I removed the IONetworkingFamily.kext file
Re-applied the 10.6.5 Combo updated
Booted with iBoot and then fired up my Mac OS from within iBoot
Reapplied lnx2mac's RTL81111 driver, rebooted again and, all was well for me.

The other thing of note for me. After reboot my screens 'mirror' each other even though mirroring is not enabled :D

In 'About this Mac'

My RAM speed reports as 1333mhz and not 1600mhz (which the board supports) - its 2000mhz RAM :)

My CPU reports as 1.86ghz even though its 2.80ghz - Geekbench gets it right though as does Cinebench.

I think these are issues that can be corrected in smbios.plist.

I appreciate you taking the time to help me out, thank you. :)

I will give it a try tomorrow and let you know how it goes.

no problems at all

there is also on the realtek site now a driver for the MAC specifically for the card

if you go all the way down the bottom of this page http://www.realtek.com.tw/Downloads/dow ... Down=false you will see it.

i prefer lnx2macs as its better :) and plus he just plain rocks anyway :)

psyolent said:
i prefer lnx2macs as its better :) and plus he just plain rocks anyway :)
:lol: Thanks ! :headbang:

Hello again!

I got the correct drivers for my Belkin N wireless USB dongle, so I'm happily using that now.

I agree lnx2macs is great, i used his bios tweeking guide and i get much better boot times now.

THANKS EVERYBODY!!!!! :headbang: :lol: :headbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back