Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi Everyone,

I'm not sure if has already been posted somewhere else, but there is an Open Source version of FakeSMC that enables fan control with SMCFanControl on some motherboards, as well as a whole bunch of other features. On my board (GA-H55M-UD2H F9 bios) with the new FakeSMC I get:

CPU Temperatures
GPU Temperature (NVidia only)
CPU Heatsink Temperature
Northbridge Temperature
Hard Disk Temperature
CPU Voltage (using my registered version of Hardware Monitor)
CPU Fan Speed (CPU header)
SMC Fan Speed (System header)

Everything except for the voltage shows up in iStat. Using the SMCItec plugin (it seems most Gigabyte MBs use this chip) you can also get full CPU and System PWM fan control using SMCFanControl - it is a little buggy (you have to play around with the speed controls to get a change and the numbers don't always line up), but it works - you can set the fan speed to whatever you want, and the OS is still smart enough to ramp things up as the CPU heats up.

I'm using rev218 linked http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.p ... topic=1206 - for ITE support just unzip it, right-click on the FakeSMC plug-in and pick Show Package Contents, open the Contents folder, and copy the FakeSMCItec plug-in into the PlugIns folder, replace your existing FakeSMC and it should work.

piclz.jpg

Hello smitty,

I have tried the new FakeSMC with the ITE controller on my GA-P55M-UD4 and it kind of works together with the iStat menu.. However I'm having one small issue..

On boot, I have activated the debugging mode, and can see the ITE controller kext is registering the max and min RPM, but the result of this test is not reliant at all. Registers the min and max to 1470RPM and 1500RPM respectively.

Using a Ubuntu live CD and pwmconfig on ubuntu, I have registered that the lowest PWM value for the cpu fan is approx 60 which results in 700RPM and PWM=200 is 1500 RPM which is max. But the iStat Menu app is never that low even when the CPU temps are in the mid 30's.

Thanks for the post and any help is appreciated..

Best regards

Henrik

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back