Mobile Phone
  1. 0
1 x ($94.99) MB GIGABYTE|GA-H55M-UD2H H55 RT $94.99
1 x ($51.99) MEM 2Gx2|CRUC CT2KIT25664BA1339 R $51.99
1 x ($29.99) PSU COOLMASTER|RS-460-PSAR-J3 RT $29.99
1 x ($19.99) DVD BURNER SONY | AD-7260S-0B % - OEM $19.99
1 x ($129.99) VGA HIS|H577FK1GD HD5770 RT $129.99
1 x ($114.99) CPU INTEL|CORE I3 540 3.06G 4M R $114.99

Hey guys been reading at work but little hard on my cell and I had a couple questions.

1. Are all my parts above going to work good together? Or does anything need to be replaced.

2. Was thinking of maybe goin wireless with mouse/keyboard should i go USB/Bluetooth?

3. I currently have 2 HD 150gb and 40gb. I would like to install both win7 and SL and have a time machine what would be the best way to accomplish that? I don't feel as if i would need more GB. Do I need to complelet wipe these 2 HD clean before installing? And If they are IDE instead of SATA will this matter?

Any tips/tricks orlinks about any problems I might run into with these parts?

Also is there just one retail SL disc at apple? Do I need to worry about different install versions
Thanks guys.

Scotch021 said:
1 x ($94.99) MB GIGABYTE|GA-H55M-UD2H H55 RT $94.99
1 x ($51.99) MEM 2Gx2|CRUC CT2KIT25664BA1339 R $51.99
1 x ($29.99) PSU COOLMASTER|RS-460-PSAR-J3 RT $29.99
1 x ($19.99) DVD BURNER SONY | AD-7260S-0B % - OEM $19.99
1 x ($129.99) VGA HIS|H577FK1GD HD5770 RT $129.99
1 x ($114.99) CPU INTEL|CORE I3 540 3.06G 4M R $114.99

Hey guys been reading at work but little hard on my cell and I had a couple questions.

1. Are all my parts above going to work good together? Or does anything need to be replaced.

2. Was thinking of maybe goin wireless with mouse/keyboard should i go USB/Bluetooth?

3. I currently have 2 HD 150gb and 40gb. I would like to install both win7 and SL and have a time machine what would be the best way to accomplish that? I don't feel as if i would need more GB. Do I need to complelet wipe these 2 HD clean before installing? And If they are IDE instead of SATA will this matter?

Any tips/tricks orlinks about any problems I might run into with these parts?

Also is there just one retail SL disc at apple? Do I need to worry about different install versions
Thanks guys.

1. Looks good!

3. It would probably be best if you wiped the drives your installing OSes on first, yes. And by wipe I really just mean "Format/Partition in Disk Utility when you run the SL installer".

The H55M-UD2H does have one IDE port, supporting 2 IDE drives. Make sure you install the JMicron36xATA.kext from Multibeast to enable it in Snow Leopard. Also make sure that your drives are set to master and slave, or are both set to cable select.

There are actually 2 retail SL discs - the "upgrade" version for $30 which is technically supposedly just for Leopard users, but is actually identical to the non-upgrade disc which costs more. I figure Apple just wants to get a lot of people using 10.6 for some reason.

Thanks for the replies. Will the stock CPU heatsink be enough? I will be tackling this job on Friday for a Xmas present to myself :) since I can't afford an iMac.

Since I have 2 hd can I have 2 partions in 1 hd for SL and win7. And then have my time machine on my 2nd hd?

Scotch021 said:
Thanks for the replies. Will the stock CPU heatsink be enough? I will be tackling this job on Friday for a Xmas present to myself :) since I can't afford an iMac.

Since I have 2 hd can I have 2 partions in 1 hd for SL and win7. And then have my time machine on my 2nd hd?

Yeah, it will be enough. It's just that the stock cooler is very loud. An H2O cooler like Corsair H50 is my recomendation. It goes for like 50$.

Yes you can.

The stock cooler will be fine even for some overclocking if you have some good airflow, but you can get lower temperatures and quieter operation from a third party cooler.

Personally, I use the stock cooler, even though I've overclocked my i3-530 to 3.41 GHz.

When I try to install it is giving me an error after I choose the laungague of "Mac os x can't be installed on this computer"

I followed Tonys guide and have everything portioned correctly so not sure why.

-I am using an Mac os x install disc thst came with a new iMac. Do I need to go buy one at the apple store?

-I am using an IDE hd, does this jumper need to be set to master?
My specs are above. Thanks.

Scotch021 said:
When I try to install it is giving me an error after I choose the laungague of "Mac os x can't be installed on this computer"

I followed Tonys guide and have everything portioned correctly so not sure why.

-I am using an Mac os x install disc thst came with a new iMac. Do I need to go buy one at the apple store?

-I am using an IDE hd, does this jumper need to be set to master?
My specs are above. Thanks.
The grey OS Install disc that came with an iMac can only be installed on a iMac. You need to purchase the Snow Leopard Upgrade disc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back