Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi guys;

Appreciate all the great info and great resource here!!

I am fairly new at this--

I thought it should be fairly simple (based on the hardware I choosen) for some reason, It will hang on boot....

Hardware:

GA-H55M-Ud2H, bios F11
2 x 2GB Ram, DDR3-1333
brand new Samsung 1TB HD
Asus ATI HD5770 1GB ddr5
550W power supply

INstall:

Follow the guide to the details ( I think )

1, change bios setting: AHCI, etc,.
2, boot using iBoot to load up, swap out, install fresh on new hard drive
3, after new boot up, transfer all files (post installation use) from USB to HD
4, open multi beast
5, open and install 10.6.7 update
6, after update complete, install multibeast <--tried a quite a few times cause the installer quit
7, in multibeast I choose userDSDT ( I have the file on desktop .aml for F11 version for this motherboard), and Ati drivers, and bootloader, 32bit graphic=no, repair permissions.
8, restart

Now here's what happens:

A, boot directly from HD : -v tells me it hangs at ACPI PLatforminterface......timeout...

B, put iBoot to load up the boot screen, and us -v, it hangs on some hard drive interference.

Can someone tell me where Did it go wrong?

Is it the graphics card issue? Or something to do with the motherboard?

Also, is there anyway I can reverse the settings I changed via loading up the SL installation DVD? Or do I have to start a new install?

thanks for all the help...I did a lot of reading in the forum and everyone seems to have no problem installing the HD5770 card, I must be doing something wrong!

:banghead:

Since it is a new install, I suggest you reinstall the OS.

When you run MultiBeast do not select the ATI Drivers (not required) and do not select the 32-bit GraphicsEnabler=No option.

Your system should work just fine with the 32-bit Apple Boot Screen option that is selected by default with UserDSDT.

Note that you also need to install Network and Audio kexts to get those items working.

Ok, thanks for the input!

I will try in a few hours with this setting.

For now, I just want to have it working (well, boot on its own). I can deal with the audio and network a bit later...

will keep posted...thanks,

One small detail:

the installer almost always crashes when I am running multibeast after the Combo UPdate 10.6.7., then I have to restart the process again -

do I have to do the Combo install and Multibeast in one session of INstaller? or I can relaunch and have the same result?

thanks!

OK, got it working.....

I followed your post, did not work the first round.

the second round I add the device ID in the ati5000 kext,

and it worked! QE/CI works (front row and add widget)

Now dealing with LAN and Audio now....

any suggestions? Just use the Multibeast?

thanks!!

LAN working after install the lnx2mac patch.

Now move on to audio,

used this file http://www.kexts.com/view/405-binary_pa ... s_x_10.6.4).html

since the H55m-UD2H use the ALC889 chipset.

installed by cmd, rebulit kext - no use

installed using kext helper, and installed using kextbeast - no use

and now my mouse click becomes weird...cannot double click anymore!?!?

any one have any suggestion on the AUDIO part?

thanks!

Special thanks to SCARBERIAN's response....

here is what happed - although it is working now I just want to share my experience so other people mind find some "AH-HA" moments for them...

to continue on previous post:

I spend some time fiddlin' and got the internet to work ( using the lnx2mac patch.)

Then I installed the audio ( following Scarberian/ others suggestion: Multibeast - only HDA and Rollback selected.) after that - kernel panic.

--I learned my lesson, so I helped myself by restoring it back to when multibeast/graphic working state ( I made a time machine copy on the other partition on the same HD)

then, I installed audio. Multibeast told me "failed installation". I checked the extensions - seems to be modified. See the backup folder of AppleHDA was created on the desktop - I say screw it, reboot.

Then after reboot, audio worked. :crazy:

alright, that is a good thing. So then I installed the lnx2mac Realtek patch for the internet. as always, run the permission repair once done installing successfully.

It worked after reboot. :clap:

NOW, once a while it will not boot up and cause a kernel panic, but restart it will work.

I have no clue why...

Geekbench score: 6533

thanks for all the useful information and everyone's contribution!!

Not sure about the random KP's but I am glad to see that you have it working. Once you have a list of all of the items from MultiBeast needed for your system, I recommend that you do a clean install, update, and run MultiBeast with all of the options you know work. It may just be my OCD, but it seems that if you use MultiBeast a few times trying different things, it could cause a minor hiccup in the system like that.

Thanks bro!

I do agree with the clean install idea - that is why the second time round it (recover from the time machine) was the clean install version ( which i backed up when I first install from DVD without
any updates or multibeast, and the necessary files were all on desktop.

However, I will be attempting to make an exact clone of the box I just build and see if I can re-create the results for comparison. :geek:

Also for an interesting result: I tested DDR-1333 1G/2G/4G with different ranks, and fill 2/4 slots config. ( Lets say I have plenty of brand new memories handy ) the best bench mark scores are ran with 2 slots of 4GB -DDR3-1333. For some reason fill 4 slots never get as good as an result as only using 2 slots. I did try with 16GB (4GB x 4) but can't feel the difference....** using Geekbench in case one asks** just for sharing! :headbang:

thank you all again!

I use my system for mostly video encoding. Using HandBrake and other applications simultaneously, I am never able to exceed 50% use of my 8 GB of RAM. To me, anything over that is overkill. Give me 2 x 4 GB of quality, high speed RAM over 24 GB of the cheap junk any day. It may produce a lower score due to it using up voltage and not being able to be utilized itself. Just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back