Graphics
Nvidia
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I got this working with Mountain Lion, so I wanted to get it down here so that others can use it if they want. My system has a Gigabyte H55M-S2V bios version F3 motherboard, Intel Core i5 760 processor, and NVidia GeForce 9800 graphics card.

First, I used UniBeast to install, according to this guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/61-unibeast-install-os-x-mountain-lion-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html . There were no surprises.

Then, I put the Mountain Lion version of Multibeast on a USB stick. I plugged this into the BACK of the PC (when I plugged it into the front USB port, the hackintosh crashed). I copied Multibeast to the desktop, set the system to allow software from anywhere, and ran Multibeast.

For network, I selected Lnx2Mac's driver. Rebooted. The network worked.

For sound, I reopened Multibeast, selected WITHOUT DSDT (on my first install try, I tried to use the DSDT. It crashed the computer so badly I had to reinstall) and selected the ALC887/888b driver. Rebooted. The sound worked.

I have not installed the bootloader yet (I am using the UniBeast USB key to boot right now) but if there are any problems with install, I will return to the thread with more instructions.

I got this working with Mountain Lion, so I wanted to get it down here so that others can use it if they want. My system has a Gigabyte H55M-S2V bios version F3 motherboard, Intel Core i5 760 processor, and NVidia GeForce 9800 graphics card.

First, I used UniBeast to install, according to this guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/61-unibeast-install-os-x-mountain-lion-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html . There were no surprises.

Then, I put the Mountain Lion version of Multibeast on a USB stick. I plugged this into the BACK of the PC (when I plugged it into the front USB port, the hackintosh crashed). I copied Multibeast to the desktop, set the system to allow software from anywhere, and ran Multibeast.

For network, I selected Lnx2Mac's driver. Rebooted. The network worked.

For sound, I reopened Multibeast, selected WITHOUT DSDT (on my first install try, I tried to use the DSDT. It crashed the computer so badly I had to reinstall) and selected the ALC887/888b driver. Rebooted. The sound worked.

I have not installed the bootloader yet (I am using the UniBeast USB key to boot right now) but if there are any problems with install, I will return to the thread with more instructions.

How did you get the mouse and keyboard to work?

I have the exact same motherboard, only with an i3-540 processor and an Asus EN210 Silent graphics card. I managed to install Mountain Lion with usb from the front and from the back, but once it began installing the mouse just froze on top left corner and never worked, i could barely "move" through the screen using alt, ctrl and the space bar.

By the way, my usb installer has Clover for bootloader, i don't know if it has anything to do with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back