Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello All,

I am looking to make a hackintosh to act as a HTPC. I don't want a aTV because it doesn't do 1080p content and the mac mini is twice the price of what I can build. What I am curious is that with the H55M has on board HDMI driven by the CPU. I was wondering if I would be able to use that or a video card would be required. Thanks for any thoughts.

smolex said:
Hello All,

I am looking to make a hackintosh to act as a HTPC. I don't want a aTV because it doesn't do 1080p content and the mac mini is twice the price of what I can build. What I am curious is that with the H55M has on board HDMI driven by the CPU. I was wondering if I would be able to use that or a video card would be required. Thanks for any thoughts.
The onboard video is currently not working and we don't know when or if it ever will. So you will need a separate video card.

MacMan said:
smolex said:
Hello All,

The onboard video is currently not working and we don't know when or if it ever will. So you will need a separate video card.

Thanks for the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back