Graphics
AMD 5770
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi all,
I am a bit of a noob when it comes to installing OSX on a PC, however I successfully install 10.6.2 onto my system including all necessary kext plus DSDT for full operation.
However, when I initially attempted the update to 10.6.4 via a downloaded combo update the USB ports, well at least the mouse and keyboard, failed to work.
My system is as follows;
GA-H55M-S2H mobo
Intel I5 750
4 Gig RAM
nVidia GTX260 OC
USB Bluetooth
Apple Bluetooth Keyboard / Magic Mouse
Logitech G5 Mouse / G15 Keyboard.
Any ideas why USB fail to function after the update to 10.6.4?

Cheers

jkav28 said:
Hi all,
I am a bit of a noob when it comes to installing OSX on a PC, however I successfully install 10.6.2 onto my system including all necessary kext plus DSDT for full operation.
However, when I initially attempted the update to 10.6.4 via a downloaded combo update the USB ports, well at least the mouse and keyboard, failed to work.
My system is as follows;
GA-H55M-S2H mobo
Intel I5 750
4 Gig RAM
nVidia GTX260 OC
USB Bluetooth
Apple Bluetooth Keyboard / Magic Mouse
Logitech G5 Mouse / G15 Keyboard.
Any ideas why USB fail to function after the update to 10.6.4?

Cheers
Are you using a DSDT? I have that motherboard with BIOS F6 and the corresponding DSDT and have no USB issues on 10.6.4

Hi MacMan,
I am using the latest DSDT that corresponds to my motherboards BIOS.
I should clarify that the update I used was a standalone update and not through the OS software update.

Cheers,

jkav28 said:
Hi MacMan,
I am using the latest DSDT that corresponds to my motherboards BIOS.
I should clarify that the update I used was a standalone update and not through the OS software update.

Cheers,
I always install the standalone combo updaters.

Hmmm, bizarre.... Guess I should just try the update and hope for the best.
It doesn't really take long to reinstall if necessary.

Hi jkav28,

I don't mean to hijack your post. This is still related anyway, could you post the process of installing it on our system (which means including necessary kext and DSDT). We have the same system specs by the way. And if it's not too much, could you also share the tweaks that you did to optimize performance.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back