Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
hi,
please help my audio problem. Realtek ALC 888b. no input device in sound system preferences :cry:

install method iboot-supported + multibeast (upgrade to 10.6.4)
DSDT.aml from tonymac dsdt database
advance option -> legacyhda 887/888b + apple 10.6.2 rollback

GA-H55M-S2 bios F4
ALC 888b -> no sound
Ati MSI 5670 -> QE/CI working. 1920x1080 d-sub

sorry for my bad english.
from indonesia :)

Hi,
Can you explain how you fixed it exactly?. I have the same problem as you.
Thanks.

Hola,
¿Hablas español?
Si es así, ¿me puedes explicar cómo lo arreglaste exactamente?. Tengo el mismo problema que tú.

Gracias.

hi, could you give further information eg which of the kexts you used or directly transfer the files in the folder that you got E / E and you added in S / L / E.

Greetings .-

Hi all!
I'll try to explain how I did it (I'm Spanish and not good at English) ;)

- I installed multibeast with: System Utilities, VoodooHDA 0.2.2 and AppleHDA 10.6.2 Rollback
- Restart and not sound yet
- Install via Kext Utility the file GigabyteALC888b.kext that Gunners81 told us, it can be found HERE
- Restart and everything's fine

Note that I've only installed the file GigabyteALC888b.kext and nothing more that is in the zip. No edition of DSDT

All the files needed installs in S/L/E and no one in E/E (Except of course, the kext needed to boot the system, but nothing of audio).

Hope you understand my bad English!

Hi all,

After many attempts, I got it to work the sound. So I decided to start again to bring the facility as clean as possible. In doing so, and no sound working again.

I did what you recommended gunners81, but I have not worked. I also tested with the method of Augustín, to no avail. Something is wrong, but I can not figure out what it is.

I think we all tried many things and to get it to work, we believe that the last thing we've done is right, without thinking that may be a mixture of the latter fact we have over other kexts installed before and "did not work."

any ideas?

Thanks
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hola a todos,

Después de muchos intentos, conseguí que funcionase el sonido. Entonces decidí empezar de nuevo para dejar la instalación lo más limpia posible. Al hacerlo, ya no volvió a funcionar el sonido.
He hecho lo que recomienda gunners81, pero no me ha funcionado. También he probado con el método de agustín, sin ningún resultado. Algo falla, pero no logro averiguar qué es.

Creo que todos probamos muchas cosas y, al conseguir que funcione, creemos que lo último que hemos hecho es lo correcto, sin pensar que puede ser una mezcla de lo último hecho más otros kexts que hemos instalado antes y "no han funcionado".

¿alguna idea?

Gracias

Hi guys

It seems that everyone has the same problem, which I am also experiencing. On the other hand everyone has found a solution. However what really intrigues me is that everyone posed a totally different and partial solution. I am building the results from this post and other and the result ... a complete mix up.

It seems that nobody can actually write a solution. I suspect that everyone have tried everything but without writing the exact steps. I am getting different results all the time. I either get no sound, Panics, installed OS for 4 times (till now)

Come on please. Macman, tonymacx ... we need a proper solution for this audio

HELP

After many OS retries I did manage to hear the sound thanks to this post: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8293&start=30

1. Install MacOS
2. Use update combo
3. Use Multibeast to installed a DSDT. Make sure that you RENAME the DSDT to DSDT.aml

Then before rebooting.

1. Install AppleHDA 10.6.2 Rollback via MultiBeast
2. Copy GigabyteALC888b.kext to /Extra/Extensions (Drag and Drop and you have to authenticate with your pass).
3. Place HDAEnabler.kext (from the attached Gigabyte_ALC888b.zip file) on desktop
4. I used kexthelper instead to install HDAEnabler.kext
5. Use Multibeast/system utilities
6. Reboot

Make sure that you do these steps one after another slowly. No rushing through, otherwise you end with 2 - 3 sleepless nights to solve the issue.

To another point maybe somebody can help here.

I am not totally satisfied by the resolution. The screen resolution does not appear to be of my taste.

I am trying dual boot with 2 hard disks but are incompatible. To use Windows I have to use IDE and when I want Mac I have to go to BIOS for AHCI. Quite impractical.

Im having this problem too. Just miss my sound to be a perfect Mac!

newcar said:
Im having this problem too. Just miss my sound to be a perfect Mac!

Look at my post. It works perfectly. You have to be patient

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back