Contribute
Register

GA-H270N-Wifi or other270 Series Mobo Success?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z370N-Wifi
CPU
i3-8100
Graphics
UHD 630
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
  2. PowerBook
  3. Quadra
  4. SE/30
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I've built two hackintoshes so far, the first using an Asrock H170M Pro motherboard and the second using a GA-H170N-wifi. I'm much happier with the Gigabyte build, it will sleep the Asrock cannot.

Anyway, i'd like to build more of these, but 170 series boards seem to be drying up FAST.

So, my questions are:
-are you all waiting until Kaby Lakes roll out from Apple and become more viable Hackintosh builds?
-are you building now using 270 series boards using Skylakes? Are they working out?

I'm trying to make my builds as small as possible, so my preference for the next build would be to put a mini-ITX into the smallest possible case, so I'd probably use the GA-h170 board, but good luck finding one. Have people tried the GA-H270N-wifi yet with skylakes? Work?

There is a testing thread for the latest hardware:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...cpus-200-series-motherboards-in-macos.211743/

The latest hardware isn't supported by Apple at this point so it is not yet in the official monthly buyers guide. In addition to some of the workarounds that enable most thing to work you may need to consider a simple USB audio for get audio working at this point in time.

Use the search facility to find specific threads that relate a a particular motherboard that you are looking at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back