Contribute
Register

GA-G41M-ES2L Lion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I tried:

npci=0×2000

But that didn't help. I have an NVidia 8400gs.

Thanks.

-- Jeff

I was dumb. I should have booted with -v so I could see it. Turns out it was hanging at PCI Configuration Begin. I solved that with fixing a dsdt. Lion comes up fine now, just only with one resolution for my monitor.

I have a Zotac 8400gs. I made the change to NVDANV50Hal.kext in /S/L/E to add my graphics string. I'm close, but now when Lion loads and it makes the switch to the login screen my monitor goes blank (power saving mode) and doesn't come back up. I can't wake it up. Any suggestions on how to get it to work? Booting in verbose mode shows that NVDANV50Hal.kext loads correctly.

Thank you.

focusedfreedom said:
I was dumb. I should have booted with -v so I could see it. Turns out it was hanging at PCI Configuration Begin. I solved that with fixing a dsdt. Lion comes up fine now, just only with one resolution for my monitor.

I have a Zotac 8400gs. I made the change to NVDANV50Hal.kext in /S/L/E to add my graphics string. I'm close, but now when Lion loads and it makes the switch to the login screen my monitor goes blank (power saving mode) and doesn't come back up. I can't wake it up. Any suggestions on how to get it to work? Booting in verbose mode shows that NVDANV50Hal.kext loads correctly.

Thank you.
What output are u using? VGA DVI or HDMI? Do you have another card you can try? Also have you checked graphics enabler in your plist?

I'm using both DVI and VGA. Those are the dual screens I had working in Snow Leopard.

I ordered a GeForce GT 520 today but it won't be in until Friday. I'm thinking that it's not the card since it worked great in Snow Leopard. But what do I know.

I don't have anything in /Extras/Extensions

I see where FakeSMC.kext is supposed to be in there? Could that be part of the problem. I don't know what FakeSMC.kext does anyway.

Thank you.

-- Jeff

focusedfreedom said:
I'm using both DVI and VGA. Those are the dual screens I had working in Snow Leopard.

I ordered a GeForce GT 520 today but it won't be in until Friday. I'm thinking that it's not the card since it worked great in Snow Leopard. But what do I know.

I see where FakeSMC.kext is supposed to be in there? Could that be part of the problem. I don't know what FakeSMC.kext does anyway.

Thank you.

-- Jeff
I'm not 100% sure about fakeSMC but I think it is what tricks osx into thinking its reading a true Mac bios. I could be totally wrong though. I'm not in front of my hack right now (typing on iPad) but if my memory serves me correct I believe it's in s/l/e not e/e. when i get home ill check. Either way, are you able to boot without the unibeast drive plugged in? Or are you using rboot or what? Did you upgrade from snow or did you do a clean install? I know these are all questions you've probably addressed but just for my knowledge so I can try to help you more.

I upgrade from Snow 10.6.8.

Here's the latest. I decided to unplug one of the monitors. To my surprise, when I rebooted one monitor came up in full screen with multiple resolutions available. This is with my DVI attached monitor. If I attach the one with VGA it won't come up. I have to unplug one of them.

I'm booting directly off of the hard drive using Chimera that was installed with Multibeast.

The only thing in my /Extra folder is dsdt.aml, pro.chameleon.Boot.plist, smbios.plist, and Themes folder.

Thanks.

-- Jeff

focusedfreedom said:
I upgrade from Snow 10.6.8.

Here's the latest. I decided to unplug one of the monitors. To my surprise, when I rebooted one monitor came up in full screen with multiple resolutions available. This is with my DVI attached monitor. If I attach the one with VGA it won't come up. I have to unplug one of them.

I'm booting directly off of the hard drive using Chimera that was installed with Multibeast.

The only thing in my /Extra folder is dsdt.aml, pro.chameleon.Boot.plist, smbios.plist, and Themes folder.

Thanks.

-- Jeff
Ok That makes sense.. I think with lion the VGA probably just isnt supported. Hell I dont think real macs havent supported it in years without a dvi to vga adapter.... could be wrong about that though. I think once you get your new card in you should be all good on dual monitor setup.
Any other issues you need help with?

kingpinjimi said:
focusedfreedom said:

Thank you.

-- Jeff
I'm not 100% sure about fakeSMC but I think it is what tricks osx into thinking its reading a true Mac bios. I could be totally wrong though. I'm not in front of my hack right now (typing on iPad) but if my memory serves me correct I believe it's in s/l/e not e/e. when i get home ill check. Either way, are you able to boot without the unibeast drive plugged in? Or are you using rboot or what? Did you upgrade from snow or did you do a clean install? I know these are all questions you've probably addressed but just for my knowledge so I can try to help you more.

My FakeSMC is in s/l/e....

Attachments

• s_l_e1.png
    s_l_e1.png
    584.3 KB · Views: 264
  • s_l_e2.png
    s_l_e2.png
    639.2 KB · Views: 233
I was able to get Lion installed on the GA-G41M-ES2L that has a Zotac 8400 GS 256 MB. And it works great with dual displays (HDMI and DVI). It won't work with dual displays if one of them is VGA.

I installed Lion using the well documented Unibeast and Multibeast method from tonymacx86

To get multiple resolutions:

I had to add the proper graphic device ID in "NVDAN50HAL.kext" in the info.plist. This file is in /System/Library/Extensions

To get multiple displays I had to:

Edit org.chameleon.Boot.plist and added

<key>PCIRootUID</key>
<string>1</string>

I hope this helps others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back