3. MacBook Air
  4. MacBook Pro
  5. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all

I try to upgrade my systems from 10.8.5 to 10.9.

My GA EX58 (i980, 24GB) + GTX580 fall into the Black Screen issue while first time booting from the Unibeast 3 USB stick.

The Stick itself works because I was able to setup my test system GA EX58 (i860, 12GB) + GT520 without any issue.

I tried all combinations of GraphicsEnabler, IGPEnabler, PCIrootUID and some GraphicModes.

All ideas are welcome!

best

Michael

Hi all

I try to upgrade my systems from 10.8.5 to 10.9.

My GA EX58 (i980, 24GB) + GTX580 fall into the Black Screen issue while first time booting from the Unibeast 3 USB stick.

The Stick itself works because I was able to setup my test system GA EX58 (i860, 12GB) + GT520 without any issue.

I tried all combinations of GraphicsEnabler, IGPEnabler, PCIrootUID and some GraphicModes.

All ideas are welcome!

best

Michael

Hiya,

I have a similar setup, GA-EX58-EXTREME, i920 and GTX580 and had the same issue no matter which flags I would choose.

I finally got into the installer by doing the following:

Copied my working under 10.8.5 dsdt.aml and smbios.plist in the installer's Extra folder
chose -v "Graphics Mode"="the native resolution of my monitor" GraphicsEnabler=Yes

Installing right now, crossing fingers.

Hope this helps,

Hi Dnerve

thanks for the help, just tried it but it is not working for me.
just before switching to the language selector the display get black...

I crossed the fingers for your installation, was it successful?

It seems that I am always wrong with the selection of the right place for my threads.
What would be the right one?

best

Michael

I have a GA EX58UD3R rev 1.6 + GTX570 (1.2 GB)

I had to use GraphicsEnabler=Yes PCIRootUID=1 to make it to the 10.9 install screen.
I am able to install and reboot off the USB to run MultiBeast 6 but am having issues after that. (still have to use the previous boot flags)
Have gone through a couple of reinstalls as after running MultiBeast the system hangs even with a USB boot and selecting new Maverick HD. Think it is video but current flags are ineffective as is -x. Currently trying to trouble shoot my issue.

Hi Dnerve

thanks for the help, just tried it but it is not working for me.
just before switching to the language selector the display get black...

I crossed the fingers for your installation, was it successful?

It seems that I am always wrong with the selection of the right place for my threads.
What would be the right one?

best

Michael

Yes, the install worked for me, seems the GraphicsEnabler=Yes was the culprit for me.

I then deleted my old (fm 10.8.5) Extra folder and ran the new multibeast, all seems to be working fine!

Hi robinas

I tested this already for my system, it does not work for my system...

I have a GA EX58UD3R rev 1.6 + GTX570 (1.2 GB)

I had to use GraphicsEnabler=Yes PCIRootUID=1 to make it to the 10.9 install screen.
I am able to install and reboot off the USB to run MultiBeast 6 but am having issues after that. (still have to use the previous boot flags)
Have gone through a couple of reinstalls as after running MultiBeast the system hangs even with a USB boot and selecting new Maverick HD. Think it is video but current flags are ineffective as is -x. Currently trying to trouble shoot my issue.

You are able to set this flags in Multibeast, if this does not help just edit the ...boot.plist file in /extra.

best

Michael

Hi dnerve

Yes, the install worked for me, seems the GraphicsEnabler=Yes was the culprit for me.

I then deleted my old (fm 10.8.5) Extra folder and ran the new multibeast, all seems to be working fine!

great, now we know the comination is working, heave fun.

best

Michael

I should clarify, I was upgrading versus a clean install. The puzzling part was after running MultiBeast 6 with DSDT the Maverick upgraded HD would hang even when booting from the USB. Logs pointed to a eSata kext, so after my latest reinstall (still upgrade) I did a manual clean of the S/L/E removed any old kexts in particular AHCI_3rdParty_eSATA.kext, also made sure to set IGPEnabler to No this time around.
Maverick is booting from the HD, iMessage works as does iTunes.

Note: this mother board revision uses some old 888 chip for audio that doesn't work with any of newer HDA. I have a AppleHDA.kext and a ALC8xxxHDA.kext that I install with KextBeast, worked again with Maverick.

SOLVED: GA EX58-UD5 + GTX580 upgrade need help

Hi all

I found a solution (at least for my system)

I replaced the "old" GTX580 with a GT520
Booting with unibeast 3 works now perfect.
Installed / upgraded mavericks
After finishing the installation I changed the boot flags with Multibeast
- GraphicsEnabler=Yes
- IGPEnabler=No

After reboot the config still works with the GT 520.
replacing the GT 520 with the GTX 580 (or my really old GTX 285)
Now everything is working.

to bad, now I do not need to buy a GTX 770 + watercooling...

best

Michael

Dnerve

How did you manage to copy your working DSDT/smbios.plist into the installers Extra folder ?

I assume that you mean the one on the Unibeast usb boot stick ? ……

Kind :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back