1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Xserve
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all,

I run a EX58-UD5 Hackintosh for several years. Was with 10.7 prior to doing a fresh install of 10.9.5 on a seperate SATA drive two days ok. the system runs fine OOTB, except that BIOS reset everytime I restart the system 'normal restart from the Apple menu or command line'. My ML installation doesn't do that. I used the latest unibeast for 10.9 and boot off from the USB.

My BIOS version is F7 and VT-d is disabled. Help would be appreciated

thx

Eric

Hi all,

I run a EX58-UD5 Hackintosh for several years. Was with 10.7 prior to doing a fresh install of 10.9.5 on a seperate SATA drive two days ok. the system runs fine OOTB, except that BIOS reset everytime I restart the system 'normal restart from the Apple menu or command line'. My ML installation doesn't do that. I used the latest unibeast for 10.9 and boot off from the USB.

Please read the Rules :

Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you

Do not cross post or create identical threads in multiple forums. Duplicate threads will be deleted

done! thx :)

Seriously, please read the site Rules :

Rules said:
Signatures are for build descriptions only. Maximum of 4 systems listed and limited to motherboard, CPU and graphics card(s) only. Formatting should be limited to the use of bold, and text is restricted to the default font size only. In lieu of listing components a link to your build in the user builds forum is allowed

Hi all,

thx

Eric
To fix BIOS resets on your hardware install ElliotForceLegacyRTC.kext in S/L/E of the system that resets it when you shut down - find it in the Drivers->Misc folder of MultiBeast
This applies if you are not using a DSDT

If you have DSDT - use the patched version located in the Drivers->System folder of MultiBeast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back